White S3 anyone?

Simple mods to get it looking good, removal of tints, replace colour coded parts with black/standard parts.

facelift wings on a pre-facelift car.... why would you do that but not change the head and rear lights? or is it a S3 thing?

i like it. id only change a few bits. ive got a thing for the audi white colour atm though

Huh? How can you tell that?

Side Indicators... they should be more sqaure shape on an pre-facelift, although they could have just as easily been stuck on???

Has the potential to be a bit special but would need some more cash thrown at it + I don't think there would be many out there that would be prepared to spend £6k on a pre-facelift regardless of it being a whitey.

Huh? How can you tell that?

Side Indicators... they should be more sqaure shape on an pre-facelift, although they could have just as easily been stuck on???

Has the potential to be a bit special but would need some more cash thrown at it + I don't think there would be many out there that would be prepared to spend £6k on a pre-facelift regardless of it being a whitey.

what he said^^^ it would be very sad if they had been stuck on. do all that paint work then fit the wrong size fitting indicators on the wings lol. id be suspicscious of that car. just that alone dont make sense. If you fitted new wings before the spray job surley you would mention it in the add? and why just only do the wings not the other lights?

facelift wings on a pre-facelift car.... why would you do that but not change the head and rear lights? or is it a S3 thing?

All S3 front wings and side indicators are the same, its only the A3 that had revisons to the wings and bumpers. The internal face of the facelift S3 wing is different hence when doing the headlamp upgrade you have to cut a bit out.

6k and no mention of extras either. As for the colour coded bumbers and door mouldings i'd question the quality of the paint job as to me it looks like they couldnt be bothered to mask up or remove trim.

you'd be surprised

Whites in at the mo but give it 5 years and they'l look crap. White was all the rage back in the 80's, plenty of mk1 and mk2 golf gtis and e30 bmw in alpine white back in the day, soon became unpopular and dated.

All S3 front wings and side indicators are the same, its only the A3 that had revisons to the wings and bumpers. The internal face of the facelift S3 wing is different hence when doing the headlamp upgrade you have to cut a bit out.

Thanks for confirming chopper.

6k and no mention of extras either. As for the colour coded bumbers and door mouldings i'd question the quality of the paint job as to me it looks like they couldnt be bothered to mask up or remove trim.

fair doo`s, i was unsure but thanks for lettin me know. :icon_thumright:

I saw this the other day. Didn't get a chance to have a close look at it but did look nice.

bet the engine bay has'nt been painted. and the car in general dosent look like it has been well looked after just been glossed over with some white paint id rather just get a respray then sell and buy that if i wanted one in white. mirror housings look gash white as well as to do the bumper inserts and door trims although they can be painted.
think most of all not one id consider if i were looking to buy

they did do them in white not sure if they were sold in the uk white or not but ive seen one in the sticky above of "post pics". says in his write up its been resprayed so i guess colour doding means the trims

I emailed the fella yesterday for engine bay pictures, looks ok in the ad but would defo need a good check before buying

White was available for the S3 at the launch but it did not make it to the 2000 model year, it was called Casablanca White.

This thread has a copy of a brochure from Feb 1999 showing the colours available for the S3 at the launch - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?85702-What-colours-did-the-S3-come-in

It is the first white one I have ever seen for sale, and as others have said it could well have just been painted....

Chris

Im sure there is a guy in Australia that has a genuine white one, sure he has pics in here on a thread somewhere....

To be honest, I love white cars, my mk2 and mk3 Golfs were both white and when cleaned up they were stunning, was always good to get them a little dirty, just so I could admire how clean they were once washed and cleaned.

Few things need changing on the car, and if someone does have the car, then once the little niggly bits have been sorted, I think it would look top dawg!!

Looks really tacky IMO, But has got alot of potentional if the 'colur coded' skirts were black along with the mirrors and a few other bits n bobs.

Brown S3 FTW! :) Whos going to be the first to do it?
Haha.