Mods which ones + dangers of damage

I

imported_dpo

Hi,

I am thinking of modding my car (once my head gasket has been looked at) but i want to know what will damage the car and what wont? Can someone guide me??

Cheers

Dan

Just get a re-map,then suspension and then brakes.
The turbo's more likely to blow before the engine does.If you want to stay safe go for a re-map running 1.1-1.2 bar,mine made 267bhp@1 bar does the job.

[ QUOTE ]
Ryanc said:
Just get a re-map,then suspension and then brakes.
The turbo's more likely to blow before the engine does.If you want to stay safe go for a re-map running 1.1-1.2 bar,mine made 267bhp@1 bar does the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee's thats alot for 1bar. Mines 1.4 with FMIC & an exhaust and only made 262bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So how much would a remap cost and whats the best remap to go for (1.2bar etc etc) also how much would it cost and where can i get this done?? how long does it take etc.

Cheers

dan

[ QUOTE ]
Ryanc said:
Thats because your turbo is only running just over 1 bar at max power rpm ie 5800rpm.You will have a shed more torque than me because you are running 1.4bar lower in the range ,boost is proportional to torque so thats why you have 300+lb/t and i only have 263lb/t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.. 285lb/ft, does feel strong in the mid range but top end is crap.

well 267 was AMD's figures so take that with a pinch of salt,on my tried and tested dyno it made 244bhp(max boost 1 bar) 243lb/t and 185bhp at the wheels,this was after a 2 hour drive and about 10 dyno runs so it could well have been heatsoaked,a standard new 225 leon cupra r made 216bhp and 203lb/t(max boost 0.95bar).
I'd love to see some of these claimed 300bhp's on that dyno,revo took of there own cars there and they didn't make anywhere near the claims.

sorry to change the subject a little, but what kind of 0-60/0-100 mph times are you lot getting after a remap?
Interested cos im thinking of getting mind done soon.

How much would it cost for a re-map and where near bristol or carlisle could i get that done?

Cheers

Dan

Whats Dyno plot?? Sorry for being stupid?
Also revo is that a chip you can go into a shop and fit yourself???
Can someone explain in more detail???

Cheers

Dan "I have no Clue" Orchard

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:
Can someone explain in more detail???

Cheers

Dan "I have no Clue" Orchard

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan,

Dyno Plot is a graph showing your power... rolling road session.

Revo is a serial program. You plug it into your diagnostic port in the car and then you upload it to the ECU.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Its the rolling road results. You get before and after, in theroy a remap done by Jabba / AMD gives you a custom map just for your car / personal taste.

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:

[/ QUOTE ]
No you can't fit it yourself.. you have to get someone to do it for you .. but I think they're all off the shelf jobs so no customization ? ( not entirely sure though).

Whats insurance hike usually after a Remap?

I'm considering this but the Increase in Policy worries me

Andy

How much does revo cost and whats the increase of BHP??
Also where can i get it? or where can i find someone who knows S3's and will do a proper job just a bit worried about them fooking the engine!!!

Cheers

Dan Orchard

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Orchard said:
Wheres the ODB2 job thingy port located on an S3???

[/ QUOTE ]

1999>2000MY is under the ashtray(had a little blanking plate over it). 2001> is under the steering column to the right...

Rich