Results of weekend boredom....

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Well.....

I may of been a bit bored this afternoon.

And I happened upon my old 240 volt drill that I thought I lost. Connected to said drill was my old wire wheel which I haven't seen for ages either...

So I thought I'd welcome it back by putting it to good use.

Drill pictured below.

1.jpg

What a beast...

So. The inlet mani on the S3 I bought was grubby and horrible looking, and I thought it looked a bit gash. So I spent 2 mins with the drill and cleaned it up.

Before:

2.jpg

After:

3.jpg

This made me most happy, however I felt that there was more to come from the wire wheel. So I cleaned up my own inmlet mani and spent a little longer on it. This brought it right up to a really high sheen which looked cool!

4.jpg

So then I broke it onto my spare rocker cover. Spent a hour or so on this (meant to photo before but it was grubby!) and it has come up absolutely lush, well pleased.

5.jpg

So, my advice is, if you are bored, get a wire wheel and clean things.....

Not a bad way to spend a day in the sun.

:icon_thumright:

Welly....you are a legend in your own right.....ok i would class you amongst the pikey greats, but for that reason i officially love you

next time im bored the wheel will come out!!

Welly....you are a legend in your own right.....ok i would class you amongst the pikey greats, but for that reason i officially love you

next time im bored the wheel will come out!!

Thanks dude :icon_thumright:.

Pikey greats is where I aim to be!! LOL.

LM-actual-AO!!

<tuffty/>

hey no disrespect intended ;)

the last time i used a cornflake box, it definately wasn't for a throttlebody gasket (see other thread) ;)

hey no disrespect intended ;)

the last time i used a cornflake box, it definately wasn't for a throttlebody gasket (see other thread) ;)

Don't worry mate, I took it in the good humour intended, believe me. :icon_thumright:

I like finding 'alternative' fixes for things.

The paperclip for the brake pad wear sensor plug is my personal favourite so far....

HAHAHA welly dude.. I love coming back and seeing posts from you. Makes my day!! If your really bored, fancy cleaning mine? :p

Cant just yet.. Bluddy bird hit the windscreen on the M1 and have to wait until thursday until i get it fixed!!! Then we'll see your handy andy work! :)

Hey Welly..... my weekend boredom ended up with another car on the drive for a bit of fun..!!!!

What day you looking to pop round..?? off all week so just drop us a bell 1/2hr b4 u get here...

Still got the S3 but just needed something faster in my veins again...!!!! As i said b4 the S3's great but problem is ive had so many 300+bhp cars just find it boring..Might just take all the bits off mine and sell it as standard.. should get a fair few £ as all the bits pretty much brand new..

6th scooby now always say never another but god aint they fun..!!! Its got a full Group N exhaust as well sounds awesome. (pic of my last 330bhp one that my neighbours now got in front..)

Last edited:
Hey Welly..... my weekend boredom ended up with another car on the drive for a bit of fun..!!!!

What day you looking to pop round..?? off all week so just drop us a bell 1/2hr b4 u get here...

Still got the S3 but just needed something faster in my veins again...!!!! As i said b4 the S3's great but problem is ive had so many 300+bhp cars just find it boring..Might just take all the bits off mine and sell it as standard.. should get a fair few £ as all the bits pretty much brand new..

6th scooby now always say never another but god aint they fun..!!! Its got a full Group N exhaust as well sounds awesome. (pic of my last 330bhp one that my neighbours now got in front..)

LOL, jealous!

It will probably be Friday now mate, my workload this week is astronomical, and my parents are stuck out in Majorca so that's not helped matters either!

Hope that's OK?

i really miss my scoob, Lots of power and no fuss! I see its an import too.. good chioce! :)

Was a little bored today so thought i'd do a bit in the engine (again)

Just incase you can't tell it's the charge pipe that i've sprayed:)

P4201209.jpg

P4201204.jpg

P4201207.jpg

P4201201.jpg

P4201205.jpg

Big up the Gloucestershire Massif innit!

I look forward to Welly's threads. They remind me of clubpolo's "pikeytech: tools and techniques"

i to got bored today so removed my inlet manifold and rubbed it right back with a palm sander.
now i cant decided whether to polish it or get it and the rocker cover powder coated black or anthrecite (sorry if thats spelt wrong lol) ????????????

Sandip, what are the blue things ontop of your no'2 and '4 coilpacks?

looks great !

but please tell me you didnt scrub that wire brush all around with the dip stick out as shown??? id hate to think you risked blowin a load of wire pieces down that tube matey??