Forge Splitter DV - Who's running one?

SamiG

On Boost, ish.
Reaction score
After much debate about which re-circ valve to go for, for my s3, i went for the Forge 007p as so many people bigged them up.

I didn't want something too loud but the 007p is too quiet and i want something with a bit of 'presence'.

I hear the Splitter is an Atmospheric type valve.

Now i don't wanna hear everones 'opinions' on them, i just want feedback from people who have used, or currently use one as i have heard a few negitives as well as positives :)

Thanks

my mate Ash runs a splitter on his ko4`ed mk4 golf. as far as im aware he has never had no problems, but his car was mapped with this on.

hope this helps

Thanks dude, i know they obviously can't be 'bad' as such as i'm sure they wouldn't be being sold by such a reputable motorsport company like Forge if they were.

I have read alot of threads were people have fitted theses splitter valves and had problems with them, I have no experience myself though mate

Try a BMC CDA induction kit along with either a 007p or a bailey Dv26 (i think), i had that setup on an Ibiza Cupra and the woosh was very loud especially for a recirc. I think the most part of the sound was the echo of the air around the carbon tube of the BMC CDA as the woosh you hear comes back out from the filter rather than the DV itself.

want wooshy noise, fit an open induction kit and keep your 007p dv
splitter valve is with all due respect to forge is not a good product.

forget bmc filter unless you want to loose airflow and performance...
15g/s less on cda than on open cone.. it strangles the 1.8t - nasty thing

I already have an Evoloution Motorsports Intake, which if you havn't seen one before is an open cone within a housing that seals against the bonnet. Just doesn't create the noise i want.

why do you regard the splitter as being a 'not very good product' dude??

This...

EvoMsCAI.jpg

I might be wronge but doesnt the splitter dv come with a blanking cap that you can screw on,
so all the pressure goes back into the TIP,
which would make it the same as the 007p dv ?

I might be wronge but doesnt the splitter dv come with a blanking cap that you can screw on,

Don't waste your money on a BMC CDA as they are restrictive.... Had an S3 in with one on and swapping to a cone filter gained substantial airflow....

Just fit a panel filter such as the Green Panel Filter and you will hear more noise...

Split R or any type of atmospheric valve shouldn't be used on a 1.8t... I have gone into this subject at length before but it will end up causing running problems as atmospheric valves vent metered air (by the MAF) which the ECU has already calculated fuelling and the like based on the air its measured... normal DV's recirculate the air when in operation so the same volume of air is present... Split R type valves only parially recirculate metered air and will cause engine hesitancy and juddering...

If your car is not mapped you are unlikely to hear anything anyway as there isn't enough pressure to make that much noise but a panel filter will make a difference as will a remap...

<tuffty/>

It may do but what is the point in that? You may as well go for the cheaper 007p and get it right first time :)

<tuffty/>

Had one on mine for over 2 years, doesn't seem to have any effect for me either positive or negative.

If you want to swap your 007p for it pm me

I'm most likely going to buy one and see the differences in it. if i'm happy then i'll shift the 007p on.

IanW why do you want to swap for a 007p then if you're happy with your splitter valve?

007p on mine with green panel and i drilled some holes in the OEM aribox under the filter away from engine to create more of a wooshy ness on lift off... (I didn't go mental on it as I didn't want it to loud but the bigger the holes the bigger the woosh obv) I haven't noticed a performance loss in hot weather when I did mine last year.... smoothing the airbox and defining though would have helped and removing the trumpet. Just a cheaper alternative if you fancy it. :)

I'm most likely going to buy one and see the differences in it. if i'm happy then i'll shift the 007p on.

IanW why do you want to swap for a 007p then if you're happy with your splitter valve?

As I sad i'm neither happy nor dihappy with it, I never have my window down and really couldn't tell you if it makes a swoosh sound or not, just thought you might of wanted to do a straight swap, doesn't bother me if I run a Split R or a 700p, Split R was all that was in stock when I bought mine.

Turn the 007P around mate.... This means, take it out and pipe it the opposite way.

This makes it louder.

Already tried that mate, no louder and just makes a strange squeaky noise : /

007p and a carbonio CAI. Sounds lush! mine has followed me between cars. its just not the same without it :D

yep i agree....enough whoosh and if it isnt, couple of small holes in the airbox will create that, although too many will actually reduce it as the pressure will reduce

Tssssst = chavtastic, simple as

I already have an Evoloution Motorsports Intake, which if you havn't seen one before is an open cone within a housing that seals against the bonnet. Just doesn't create the noise i want.

why do you regard the splitter as being a 'not very good product' dude??

its a compromise of recirc and open dv... so when in use its main boost is always vented in recirc before the atmos port is opened up... and there's little boost left to vent which is a quiet atmos dv..

its a compromise of recirc and open dv... so when in use its main boost is always vented in recirc before the atmos port is opened up... and there's little boost left to vent which is a quiet atmos dv..

Adding to that, they require constant adjustment and aren't very reliable.