Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: S3 Towbar

Supermoto Junkie

Status

S3 Towbar

Anyone have a detachable (stealth) tobwar fitted to an S3? If so, any info would be great as i need to find one.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Hulk Smash!

Status
    Mine came with one.... The ball bit wasnt with it though.
    Would also like to know where i could get one.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a Bosal one on mine. Its great. Cant see anything at all when you take it off. What info are you after??

Supermoto Junkie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchuk View Post
    I've got a Bosal one on mine. Its great. Cant see anything at all when you take it off. What info are you after??
    That sounds perfect, a model/product number would be great

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry about the delayed reply. Mine is a Bosal detatchable. Part number 026183. Ive been on Bosals website and they dont list it for the S3 any more. They do still list it for the golf mk4 4 motion, which is the same chasis and fitment. I'm sure other manufactures will still list one for the S3. I put this towbar on my R32 so I know they're interchangeable with the golfs. Any other info you want give me a shout
    Mark

Neutral

Status

Re: S3 Towbar

I fitted a westfalia removeable to my S3 today nice bit of kit.

Supermoto Junkie

Status
    Sorry about the delayed reply. Mine is a Bosal detatchable. Part number 026183. Ive been on Bosals website and they dont list it for the S3 any more. They do still list it for the golf mk4 4 motion, which is the same chasis and fitment. I'm sure other manufactures will still list one for the S3. I put this towbar on my R32 so I know they're interchangeable with the golfs. Any other info you want give me a shout
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydave View Post
    I fitted a westfalia removeable to my S3 today nice bit of kit.
    Cheers guys, either of you have any pics handy?
    FOR SALE: 2003 RED Audi S3 - 73k - MINT - Custom-Code - Black Leather - £6600

Petrol Head

Status
    I have a Bosal detachable tow bar as well. Bought mine from tow equipe http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/...-9903-kit.html

they even came and fitted it for whilst i was at work, which was nice!
    2001 S3 Facelift | BOSE Symphony | Cruise Control | Full leather Recaro's | Xenons | Forge chrome DV | BMC CDA cool air induction | Miltek cat back exhaust | Vagtech Stage 2 remap | EBC Ulitmax discs | Goodrich hoses | Koni adjustables | Eibach Pro Line lowering springs | Blue Haldex Quattro ECU | 18" RS4 alloys | Toyo T1-S tyres | R32 anit rolls bars | H&R rear wheel spacers |

Neutral

Status

Re: S3 Towbar

I bought mine from them also, 189 from memory. The detachable bit even fits in the tool holder in the spare wheel tray!

Supermoto Junkie

Status
    That looks good, and at 250, not too pricey either. How hidden is the mount when the ball isnt attached?

1st Gear

Status
    You cant see anything unless you get down on your knees. Even the electric socket swivels up so you cant see it

Petrol Head

Status
    yep, pretty invisble on mine, its an awesome bit of kit, get one!
    2001 S3 Facelift | BOSE Symphony | Cruise Control | Full leather Recaro's | Xenons | Forge chrome DV | BMC CDA cool air induction | Miltek cat back exhaust | Vagtech Stage 2 remap | EBC Ulitmax discs | Goodrich hoses | Koni adjustables | Eibach Pro Line lowering springs | Blue Haldex Quattro ECU | 18" RS4 alloys | Toyo T1-S tyres | R32 anit rolls bars | H&R rear wheel spacers |

1st Gear

Status
    I'm quite suprised to see how many of you have tow bars and admit it. lol. What do you guys tow with it??

Supermoto Junkie

Status
    Cheers guys! Very helpful. Mines for trailoring my trials bike

Petrol Head

Status
    I'm quite suprised to see how many of you have tow bars and admit it. lol. What do you guys tow with it??
    not a caravan dont worry! mines also for towing a trailor, but with a hill climb car. Get some funny looks as its not your average towing car, does the job though!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah i get some funny looks too. I tow an 18' speed boat. Were i go with it everyone has big 4x4's and they dont understand the power and weight of the car, and the fact it is four wheel drive. I think its a brilliant tow car. Never struggled up any hills with it either. It just keeps pulling. I will admit i have pulled a caravan with it at one point. Sorry.