Kwik-Fit for new tyres for my S3?

I

imported_gek

Hi all,
Has anyone used Kwik-Fit for new tyres on their S3? It would be easier if I could get the mobile unit to do it, anyone used the mobile Kwik-Fit fitting service?
They have F1 GSD3 for £124 each which seems fair enough. Just concerned they will knock seven bells out of the alloys - at least if the mobile guy does it I can watch him/tell him to take it easy.
They can't mess up the tracking just fitting new tyres can they?

I think you should be OK with them, as they will be using newer machines. I went to a back street tyre outlet as the tyres where cheaper, but inherited heaps of scars on the rims as a result. Also don't think you'll need tracking done, although you'll need to balance the alloys after the tyres have been fitted.

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen said:
Does the £124 inc fitting and balancing?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's £265.98 in total with fitting and balancing. I'm a bit stuck though as I need to get them done today so getting them cheaper off the net is not an option really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Do the sensible thing- get a couple of quotes from nearby fairly large places and then just go for it, make sure you stress the importance to care of the wheels and watch him, if he knows your bothered then you should be ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Maybe take a pic of the wheels before hand- at least with kwik fit its a major company you can complain to them easily.

Are those prices for 17's or 18's? If they are 17's then they are quite expensive. Try mytyres or black circles for ideas on website prices.

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif each?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah! That was for both. Just got them done locally for £106 each fitted.