Self Opening Door after some driving. Scary..

sekenzo

Reaction score
My N/S door slams shuts fine and appears to be normal when you first close it. If you push it from the inside it will not move. So all appears fine.

HOWEVER, after driving for a distance, it will just randomly opens up! Luckily, it won't fully open as there is still a second catch in the lock mechanism but the first catch seems to just let go... imagine driving at 70mph and suddenly a huge gush of air rush in... Anyone has this before and know what's wrong?

Last edited:
Nope mate, but I would get that checked out pretty damn quickly!!

Have you done a search as well, its not something that I have read about, but you never know.

Ha ha ha, the boot used to do this on my very old Corsa years ago (typical Vauxhall).

Cruising down the motorway at 80-85 mph, the boot actually used to just FULLY open. Scared the living crap out of me the first few times.

And you look like a total numb nuts! :(

my Audi used to do the same when my mate first bought it. New catches on both doors (3 door car) supplied and fitted by audi was well over £300. Since i have had the car i have replaced the boot catch as this done the same due to corrosion.

Yeah, scare the living crap out of me as well for the first couple of times... :scared2:
but now I just have to live with tieing the safety belt around the door handle until I get a new locking mechanism sorted...