Mk1 TT makes 495 bhp ! Big turbo 2.0 litre

Lego man

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I would share this with you. Here is a video of my TT on the dyno.
It made 495 bhp with 475 lb ft.

I guess some of you s3 boys are running a similar setup.

We are now installing cams so this will take us over the 500 mark.
After then we have a menthanol and ap 100 shot of gas for the sprints!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZZrmEsaim0&feature=youtube_gdata

Lego

No relation to Lego Head from Cliosport, running the turbo 182 Clio per chance?

Nice going with the TT either way!

Is that an RS4 MAF housing you are using in the OEM airbox??

<tuffty/>

Yes indeed !

Cool... its what I am planning on doing to mine.... I assume the OEM box is ok flow wise? I am using the S3 one atm but have a Green Panel filter and 4" ducting going into the back...

Be interesting to see if a cone filter improves airflow over this setup though...

<tuffty/>

Looks like an RMR inlet mani and 80mm TB from an R32 or 5.7ltr Chevy V8

<tuffty/>

800+ 'C after the one power sweep
spool looks nice on the 2ltr
you need a bigger rev counter now.. which keeps up with the engines revs - hehe

going to be a lot of fun
i really fancy a TT i have to say

Not many on here with big spec engines, some of us are getting there with are power figures

I've just rebuilt mine as a 2.1 so i will be looking into a bigger turbo when money is available

I just noticed that curve on the graph is not very smooth?

....is that not right Bill?

Yes mate that is why it's not smooth, yet to have been on a set of rollers that gives a smooth graph with gen 1 haldex. nightmare.

Any performance figure, timing wise. What the engine spec

Just watched some launch videos of it and it looks pretty damn quick

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. The launch videos on you tube is my last setup running around 450 bhp.
Quick spec are. Forged bottom end with gussit 2ltr. Cnc potted head with larger exhaust valves by rich wood.
Equal length manifold gt30, oil cooler big intercooler with pipwork.

Next week we are adding cams and introducting the methanaol. After that is the install of nos.

Will keep you posted.

Lego

Ps love the comments about the banker/hairsdresser! Oi oi ! :icon_thumright:

seen it before on jabba's plots.. i dont know why... its not haldex as the cars running in 2wd mode as the dynostar dyno is 2wd

Guys

It's nothing to do with the heldex. It's only the scaling resolution. Most people want to see a smooth figure so they smooth it off. Here shows a high sampler rate of what really happened with out the smoothing!!

Lego

well done, pretty impressive figures:icon_thumright:

Guys

It's nothing to do with the heldex. It's only the scaling resolution. Most people want to see a smooth figure so they smooth it off. Here shows a high sampler rate of what really happened with out the smoothing!!

Lego

if its really bouncing then why is that then?

if its really bouncing then why is that then?

Nothing out of the norm, looks like fuel duty cycle. If you look at the afr gauge, fueling looks spot on.This graph shows a true dyno with no down scaling factors enabled. Really wanted to show you guys the truth not a fudged dyno!!

Lego

fueling looks spot on yes, wondering what the timing log would look like against the apparent bounce the dyno's seeing, or if its just the car heaving between the rollers causing the load to wibble (tech term - :p ) a bit

looks like a strong pull.. 2ltr is very appealing to me, but disallowed by the regs i race under unfortunately.
bet 1st gear feels incredibly short legged..

you go well off the boost 2 bar boost gauge until it starts to run out of flow at the top end revs... got some overboost there fella - hence lots of torque

Last edited:
Cheers fella! We are looking to bring the boost down a little when we have installed the cams.
Will keep you posted.

Lego

Looks strong does that. Any pics of the engine being built??? My defi boost gauge does the same thing when im on full boost. The blitz controller goes higher tho.

Thanks.

There is a load of pictures on my build thread at the tt forum.

Lego

Is this the TT that used to go to JBS?
Engine spat its dummy out a while back? or was it turbo?
I think i have your old down pipe on my S3.

Yes I did used to use jbs.

I take it your the guy who I sold a down pipe to.

How are you doing ?!

Lego