Diverter valve spring

s3 man

Reaction score
Hi guys.just wondering if I need to change the spring in my dv as the car has been remapped

You need to know how much boost you have and then :
Valve Spring color coding
Green - 5-15 PSI 0.34-1.03 bar
Yellow - 15-23 PSI 1.03-1.59 bar
Blue - 23-30 PSI 1.59-2.07 bar
Red - 30 + PSI 2.07+bar

not sure wot colour it has at the moments.Ive never changed it since i got it brand new

I bought a yellow spring last week and im running standard boost and the car boost few psi more now.

i thinks its the yellow one i need.its a forge 007p.let me know how much you want dude?

As long as you have a green or a yellow spring I wouldn't bother changing it, be a waste of a fiver...

I've got a green spring and though I did try the yellow I found that my car ran better on the original green, some people seem to get given a yellow spring in there dv and some a green, seems completely random. Amd were the orginal company who put mine on with the map and obviously didn't see an issue with the green, when I spoke to Jabba in the past about perhaps changing it to a yellow they said to leave it be, will be fine as it is...

That's comming from 2 well known tuning companies so all this " I get extra boost with this spring" is a load of ***** to be honest, all it does is open and close the diverter...

" I get extra boost with this spring" is a load of ***** to be honest

Lol Well I believe in ***** then as I had a green spring and my gauge would not go over 10 psi, now its spiking to 15 psi and holding 12-13psi.

Springs do get weak. Oh and they aint a fiver, I paid £13 something I think last week

Last edited:
S3 Nattie, apologies if that comment seemed directed at you, it does look like that but it wasn't...

This topic has been brought up numerous times and there seems to be this ellusion of getting extra boost, if your does then fair play I can't argue, but me and 2 other people bought these yellow springs for a fiver each and agreed that they didn't make an ounce of difference, if anything " and thus could be in my head " my car ran better on the green which I promptly put back in...

I see your point. I did read in previous threads your experience with springs. Im running the standard map with few little parts and my gauge wasnt boosting as it should for months. After changing loads of parts still wasnt getting anywhere.

My dv used to dump to way to early, so thought my spring was getting weak so had a chat with Forge and they suggested either trying a yellow spring or a green spring with shims to add preload to the spring.

Put in the yellow spring and my gauge is running better than it used to so with my experience its given me extra psi, however if this is because my green spring was rubbish or weather a yellow does help give/hold extra boost, who knows but thats my experience with Forge springs.

Last edited:
isnt it better to get a high performance and more precise dv instead of just changing the spring?
where can you buy a spring anyways

The green spring is too soft for a mapped car imo. The yellow holds the boost better.