quattro or not?

Hawkes

Reaction score
Im looking to buy an 8l a3 tdi 130 at the moment but dont no wheather to go for the quattro or not, i like the idea of 4wd but not the idea of more power losses throught the drivetrain,
opinions please:)

I would presume by how much torque the tdis have thatll it be worth having quattro, if it was petrol id say no to 4wd

especially if you plan to remap it, but then added weight to the front could give you more grip. the 130's can remap to like 170 or a bit more. But a clutch upgrade is worth having if mapped

especially if you plan to remap it, but then added weight to the front could give you more grip. the 130's can remap to like 170 or a bit more. But a clutch upgrade is worth having if mapped

hmmm coooooool :icon_thumright:

LOL, buying a diesel and worrying about power losses LOL... soz, couldn't resist :)

Go quattro, get it mapped and stand a chance of using the torque.... I know a guy that has had a turbo upgrade in an 8P A3 that FWD, torque comes in and the wheels light up... with a quattro you can at least use the extra power... IMO of course :icon_thumright:

<tuffty/>

LOL, buying a diesel and worrying about power losses LOL... soz, couldn't resist :)

Go quattro, get it mapped and stand a chance of using the torque.... I know a guy that has had a turbo upgrade in an 8P A3 that FWD, torque comes in and the wheels light up... with a quattro you can at least use the extra power... IMO of course :icon_thumright:<tuffty/>

True and with this past winter, mine like most other quattros have been a godsend :rockwoot:

Hmmmm.

I got a 2.0T Revo remap quattro... Love the fact i turn the traction off in the rain and let the Haldex do the work. All the time. It will just slip a little and then grip grip GRIP!!. IMO quattro's should never have had ESP.

On a 130 I would prob stick to FWD, a 170 I would go for AWD. MPG figures on a 2.0T FWD are 32, AWD is 27.....

It is reassuring for me to have AWD but I have a very heavy right foot.....

P.s. If ur considering S-Tronic just go for FWD.

cheers people i think im gonna go for the quattro, especially after looking at the 0-60 compared to the fwd and still with high mpg:icon_thumright:

Its for the best mate, youd regret getting fwd with all the torque youll have

Quattro every time! Ive got my first one and will always get one now! Wish I had it when we had the snow earlier in the year lol, had a Beama then and got stuck....everywhere!