Genuine BBS?

Alex C

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Is there any way to tell if a wheel is a genuine BBS or a replica, other than quality? i.e. are there any stamps on them?

nope, i havent, might go a lookin tho :)

Some guys selling BBS wheels, so i asked him wether they were reps or genuine, and he said they were genuine as far as he knew....

When you say they have BBS stamped on them are you being sarky or serious? Where would this be stamped?

they will have bbs stamped into them where abouts depends on the wheel your after

oh, ok. Well some guy is selling 18" BBS aloys, he doesn't say which ones they are but the picture looks like BBS LMs.

He said he originally bought them for £1500 and has the paper work to prove the cost. But when i asked if they had BBS stamped on them he said he couldn't see it anywhere.

So I am unsure whether to go ahead and try buy them or not :(

my BBS LM's are stamped in the centre of the wheel near where the wheel nuts go.

going from memory the stamps says something like BBS LM then a part number then the size of the wheels. i could confirm this over the weekend as i'll be putting them back on now the weather is getting better

Dare I say it (Hanging in shame)

I own some 18" LM reps.

The original's have stamps on the inside on the centres (Ie- You can see them visibally when you look at the car from the side)

LM_DSPK_sm.jpg
http://www.harrisonmotorsports.com/shop/images/LM_DSPK_sm.jpg

Reps do not.