Chris NottEM Tuning
    imported_monkeytrousers

Temperature gauge warning light on cold start

Hello

Now and again, over the last few weeks, when starting my S3 from cold I get beeps and a "temperature gauge" warning light on the Drivers Information System.

If I switch the engine off and restart it doesn't come back, or if I ignore it it goes away after a few seconds.

Do you think this is indicating a genuine problem? I've heard that S3 warning lights can sometimes come on for no reason.

Anyone else had this?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Temperature gauge warning light on cold start

Hi

I've got the same problem. I did a bit of search and I'm hoping this is the answer...

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=1,10,15,105,200,900,1000&Board=a3s3&Number= 77621&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

Hope this helps.

Chris [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

imported_monkeytrousers

Yes, mine is fixed since I put a little water in. I never get the warning now. Easy does it - you only need to add a little - 1-2mm above the max line.

Numptie of the highest order

Status

yep I got the same and found the same, only get the error now on very cold mornings when parked on a slope in the wrong direction...

imported_ashs3

[ QUOTE ]
    monkeytrousers said:
    Hello,

Thought I'd let you know that when I phoned Audi about this problem they agreed it was common, but it did not need a new header tank.

All I needed to do was add a cupful of water to the reservoir.

In the cold weather, the water level can fall just below the minimum level, which triggers the warning light.

In this case a cupful of water meant it no longer sank below minimum when cold and the problem went away.

Nice.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the same have not had any probs since [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]