Volks AutosChris Nott
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    1st Gear

Status

Old post has gone dont no why, AMD ESSEX REMAP PROBLEMS

As said in the last post had a remap at AmD essex thurrock,Remap seemed ok for about 30 mins then started juddering i soon rung Amd about this problem and they said pop the car down,

After poping the car down they said they recon it was the throttle body,So i let them clean this out,cut few stories short still jumping not all the time but still jumps,told AmD again and they said it would be the air mass sensor or temp sender as thease were the faults coming up after they done the remap,Dont no if they should have remaped the car with thease faults but hay....

I got a brand new air mass and sender and still no change,so i put old air m ass back on,i have been up to AmD about 3 times which is a of time and money as i like just over hour and a half....

I spoke to a dealer who does maps and he said it could be the map so i said to AmD i want to change to revo they said on the phone no problem we can do that for a extra 50 i fort to my self fantasic somthing is getting sorted...

I got there on a friday left my car there for 5 hours for them to say car is fine drives spot on (FASTEST 1998 A3 I HAVE EVER DROVE FANTASTIC CAR) I said dont do the jumping all the time so i would like to get revo put on,They said we will do this for the extra 50 and we want you to buy and get fit a new airmass and temp sender,at this point i was so pi**ed off as i didnt have the money to get all done as he said would only cost me 50..

I would like to no who has had any problems in the past and what AmD done to this,I took my car to a man nere me who had a play with the car feels better thsn it was but started juddering again have been told defo the map and go for a revo,sorry for the long post but best to let people no

Cheers guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

hmmm
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by finesse View Post

hmmm

1st Gear

Status
    Hmmm what lol ?

6th Gear

Status
    I guess you sold speak to AMD and resolve the issue.
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I would say that this thread will go the same way tbh.

so a3 tuuuuuurrrrrrbbbboooo you are trying to sell a car with a duff map huh!

Nice work, if i do say so myself !

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    I would say that this thread will go the same way tbh.

so a3 tuuuuuurrrrrrbbbboooo you are trying to sell a car with a duff map huh!

Nice work, if i do say so myself !
    sorry a3 turbo but you have shot yourself here....

1st Gear

Status
    I am not selling the car for another four months as i need my second no claims first,the car will be sorted by then as i cant handel it any more,I am gonna give AmD another try but gonna get a revo put on,i dont want to pay 50 extra as i have been up there so many times will let you guys no what they say cheers.
    Last edited by audia3turrbo; 14th April 2010 at 22:13. Reason: add more info

6th Gear

Status
    Why was the original thread deleted??
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    It's not deleted, just placed in quarantine for a short while.
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

Smell my finger.

Status
    You told me yesterday in your thread about how much your car was worth that the problem had been sorted?

So make your mind up!.

Oh, and go into AMD with your size 12's on if things are as posted.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Chugger

Status
    cant see why revo would make any difference.
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Administrator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Blue View Post
    It's not deleted, just placed in quarantine for a short while.
    Aye, it's been put to one side because to be blunt, it descended very quickly into a bit of a witch hunt.

I'll be posting in more depth about i) the previous post, ii) what happened to it, and iii) the issue in general shortly, between now and then I'd be eternally grateful if we could keep posts on this issue as constructive as possible - and if there's nothing constructive to be said, then there's nothing which needs to be said.

Regards,

Rob.
    Boot full of dog. Back seat full of lenses.

Chugger

Status
    sounds like a hose has popped off or something, with increase boost
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost

Status
    i posting as i want to see if the writing in location and post count turns red for me too.... ... .. .

EDIT: yep it is!! i can sleep now...

Now to many mods to list! Lots of power, torque and Leather!

Status
    Why have you not mentioned these very important FACTS regarding your car?

You have 2 faults in your fault memory which we have told you at least 10 times via myself and 2 other members of my staff need sorting before you do anything else- low air mass reading and water temp sensor.

You have NOT replaced your air flow meter with a NEW unit as you state. You tried one from your friends car which you said "made no difference."

You fitted an aftermarket temp sensor which I told you not to do last time you came in, these are usually faulty before you even fit them. Only fit a genuine sensor which we have now done for you.

Have the fault codes for the temp sensor come back? The air flow meter fault will have come back because you haven't replaced the unit.

You said you didn't want us to change the air flow meter despite it having a fault.

My exact words to on at least 5 occasions is that until you change both units and clear fault codes it is pointless looking any further.

Having said that your car has been test driven by myself twice and my colleague also twice and we can find the car has no driving problems and is, as I said the fastest NDBW 1.8T that I have driven. Here is a link to clarify where my experience of driving performance VAG vehicles- www.amdmilltekracing.com. I am driving the Golf. I think I am capable of giving you an informed opinion on whether your car is fast?

Your A3 gives exceptional power figures and that translates onto the road. I told you when you first came in that the car had 2 faults which may come back but was driving fine on the pre-map roadtest and gave good power figures on the rolling road before and after.

You either don't understand what 3 members of staff have told over the previous multiple conversations/ emails (and believe me we couldn't have explained it more simply), you don't believe us (despite showing you VAGCOM printouts) or you haven't got the money to buy a MAF sensor. We fitted the OE temp sensor for you and just charged you for the part. We offered to fit the air flow meter but you refused.

I can't spend anymore time explaining to you that we can't find anything wrong with the car bar the VAGCOM faults- the car drives perfectly when we have driven it. I don't doubt that you have seen some "juddering" but as you refuse to fit the parts that are showing fault codes how can AmD be to blame?

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex

5th Gear

Status
    Id recommend getting a new air flow meter, this could sort the problem.
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emery1990 View Post
    Id recommend getting a new air flow meter, this could sort the problem.

LOL
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

1st Gear

Status
    The map will be tried and tested, so I fail to see how the problem is the MAP. A MAP which works fine on other vehicles of the same pedigree. If indeed your car ahs faults showing up then until you replace the faulty parts with brand new originals and leave them on, you can't really blame the MAP or AMD

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post

You have 2 faults in your fault memory which we have told you at least 10 times via myself and 2 other members of my staff need sorting before you do anything else- low air mass reading and water temp sensor.

You have NOT replaced your air flow meter with a NEW unit as you state. You tried one from your friends car which you said "made no difference."

You fitted an aftermarket temp sensor which I told you not to do last time you came in, these are usually faulty before you even fit them. Only fit a genuine sensor which we have now done for you.

Have the fault codes for the temp sensor come back? The air flow meter fault will have come back because you haven't replaced the unit.

You said you didn't want us to change the air flow meter despite it having a fault.

My exact words to on at least 5 occasions is that until you change both units and clear fault codes it is pointless looking any further.

Having said that your car has been test driven by myself twice and my colleague also twice and we can find the car has no driving problems and is, as I said the fastest NDBW 1.8T that I have driven. Here is a link to clarify where my experience of driving performance VAG vehicles- www.amdmilltekracing.com. I am driving the Golf. I think I am capable of giving you an informed opinion on whether your car is fast?

Your A3 gives exceptional power figures and that translates onto the road. I told you when you first came in that the car had 2 faults which may come back but was driving fine on the pre-map roadtest and gave good power figures on the rolling road before and after.

You either don't understand what 3 members of staff have told over the previous multiple conversations/ emails (and believe me we couldn't have explained it more simply), you don't believe us (despite showing you VAGCOM printouts) or you haven't got the money to buy a MAF sensor. We fitted the OE temp sensor for you and just charged you for the part. We offered to fit the air flow meter but you refused.

I can't spend anymore time explaining to you that we can't find anything wrong with the car bar the VAGCOM faults- the car drives perfectly when we have driven it. I don't doubt that you have seen some "juddering" but as you refuse to fit the parts that are showing fault codes how can AmD be to blame?

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fail on behalf of the OP.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    Hi guys had new air mass fitted today a bosh one from audi dealer and fitted from then for 40 plus part,Audi said the car was fast i said yh it has a map which they said they new buy putting it on there machine to check codes,there is no codes on there no more and i can show recipet and take pick of new park and still judders at low revs (some times) and at 100mph (some times) duno what i can do but i guss i need to get it mapped again at the weekend,i will show you guys the new rolling road again and as voorhees said you can get 205.6bhp out of my car i guss he no what his talking abot and you guys are all rong i have a standard k03 turbo early model 1998 but i have been told by many people 195bhp tops.
    Cheers guys for the help and fanks foorhees for the post back there is alot of unanswerd questions people wanted to no on my old post to as it seems im not the only person who has had trouble...

6th Gear

Status
    MAF for 40 QUID? Bargain/steal
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

Smell my finger.

Status
    Am I the only one not getting this?

5th Gear

Status
    Nope lol
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

1st Gear

Status
    i mean fitted for 40 maff cost me 80

Smell my finger.

Status
    So the MAF was goosed so you tried another (which I presume was also knackered) one off your mates car and t was still running badly...you then paid Audi for a new MAF and 40 to fit it and its running better?.

You clearly know how to change the MAF if you put a mates on so why pay 40 to get them to fit one?.

I've lost track.....

4th Gear

Status
    Audi A3Turrbo - Might one suggest the use of a spell checker when posting to the forum, it makes reading your post an awful lot easier.
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

1st Gear

Status
    Haha i can but i right so quick lol i never realy read it back i should do realy.

No the car is not running better and also i paid the 40 so they could reset it on vagcom also so i have warranty on it

Also its not just me who has had problems with AmD if you look at the post before there was a few people who has had problems

Thanks again people.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audia3turrbo View Post
    Haha i can but i right so quick lol i never realy read it back i should do realy.

No the car is not running better and also i paid the 40 so they could reset it on vagcom also so i have warranty on it

Also its not just me who has had problems with AmD if you look at the post before there was a few people who has had problems

Thanks again people.
    Thats not what you wrote earlier.

Plus how do you reset a MAF?!

1st Gear

Status
    Audi said you have to delete it from vag-com take the faults off,plus i said it cost me 40 plus the part...

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    2 sides to every story...........

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Question, did he actually change the sensor yet or just the MAF?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Jay
    2nd Gear

Status
    You guys are mean!!!

Could problem be related to a dodgy coilpack or plugs?

Neutral

Status

Thanks again people.
    Lewis

So you have paid a dealer 40 to fit a Bosch MAF which also cost you 85. This is 50 more than it would have cost you had you had it fitted on Monday. The "Dealer" cleared the fault codes with VAGCOM? Usually a VAG dealer uses VAS 5052 for fault code reading?

You say that you still have a judder, is this now all the time because over 20 minutes of road tests on monday it was not noticeable?

Did the dealer reset the adaptation values and throttle body? This also needs to be done when fitting a MAF. A VAG dealer would know this?

With regards to your previous post, here is an email coincidentally received this morning from a customer who had his Audi A4 remapped with AmD yesterday:

"I came in today and had a remap and very impressed. Im now interesting in firstly the Milltek exhaust but would like the look of the RS4 with the oval tailpipes. I have also seen this kit on the internet and wondered if you can source this cheaper and could also fit and spray if not just to supply. if so what would the cost be. http://www.prestigestyling.co.uk/index.asp. White Audi A4 3.0 tdi cab"

We have had 14 Audis in our workshop this week which is approximately 20% of the total number of vehicles booked in this week.

Next week we have 12 Audis booked in so far including an Audi R8 for full exhaust and remap.

The customer who mentioned in the previous thread about coming in on saturday and we thought he was having front droplinks but he was actually having rear droplinks. I dealt with him directly and this was a misunderstanding that at most "cost" the customer 30 minutes of his time. He was happy with how the car drove when he left and as far as I was aware was not upset when he left either. His decision "not to use us again" is obviously his but maybe a little irrational?

We have many happy AmD customers and the most common way that customers hear about us is through recommendation which means we are doing something right?

We are a busy successful workshop and as such occasionally things to not go to plan but I can guarantee that we will do our best to sort any problems out.

With regards Lewis A3 I can't comment anymore on this unless we work on the car. When he has come into the workshop he has either not had the parts fitted that we recommended, had cheaper alternative parts fitted or refused to have the correct parts fitted when he was here.

As I have said, probably 20 times now, the car is fast and giving good power, we could find no juddering.

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex
    AmD Tuning- West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Remapping from �299. AmD- APR- Milltek- Scorpion- Forge- Superpro- KW- Eibach- AP- H&R+ more!

Neutral

Status
    As said in the last post had a remap at AmD essex thurrock,Remap seemed ok for about 30 mins then started juddering i soon rung Amd about this problem and they said pop the car down,

Cheers guys
    Here is a post that you have put up on this site regarding your car after it was remapped. This is 3 days after you had the car remapped so I don't know where the 30 minutes bit comes into it?
    "Hi have just had a remap from AmD Essex,just to say a big thanks i love it moves like a **** of a stick but when i was there they said i should upgrade my dump valve standard one for a FORGE DUMP VALVE FMDV007 but i don't no what difference this will make and if it is worth getting this,also i would like to no if there is any point getting a dump valve or will this loose me power i am looking for more power as i only have 205.8 bhp but i don't want go to over the top,my car has done 110,000 miles and don't want it going bang lol if any body could give me some advise would be great...Ps any body have any alloys for my car near Essex could pick up and only looking for 17 inch"

Lewis I am more than happy to look at your car and first of all get the car to replicate the fault but it doesn't help by lying to make you seem like the victim which does neither of us any good?

Regards
    Shaun Hollamby
    AmD Essex.

Last edited by shaun@amdessex.com; 16th April 2010 at 09:45.
    AmD Tuning- West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Remapping from �299. AmD- APR- Milltek- Scorpion- Forge- Superpro- KW- Eibach- AP- H&R+ more!

1st Gear

Status
    as i said it dose not do it all the time,am not blaming you but has only happened since i have had the map,i am booked in for a map tomorro will let you no what happends and can also post a print out of the roller,if its not the map i will post to let you no thanks for your time

Neutral

Status
    as i said it dose not do it all the time,am not blaming you but has only happened since i have had the map,i am booked in for a map tomorro will let you no what happends and can also post a print out of the roller,if its not the map i will post to let you no thanks for your time
    But this makes absolutely no sense at all?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post

the maf issue might not actually be MAF related. if there is a big issue with the intake plumbing then a MAF code can show. my ecu had a moan about the MAF when i bought the car with a massive boost leak

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt82 View Post
    the maf issue might not actually be MAF related. if there is a big issue with the intake plumbing then a MAF code can show. my ecu had a moan about the MAF when i bought the car with a massive boost leak
    That is correct but the car does not have a boost leak. The MAF would be the first thing to change as its showing a fault even though the air flow readings are good. Its a process of elimination but start with the most probable logical possibilities.

1st Gear

Status
    just to keep update spoke to another revo dealer and ifi pop it down today they can fit in for the afternoon its gonnabe 400 quid but its worth it if it drives ok

its a few hours drive so i will be able to tell on the way back if it still judders

let you guys no later cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast