Volks AutosChris Nott
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Bloody S3's...

  1. #1
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577

    Bloody S3's...

    Just to let everyone know, dont try running diags on your car on a public road. Decided to see what the correction factors were occuring on the S3 and just as put the foot down what is sitting there with the speed gun? Yep.

    Wont say how fast but needless to say I now have points aswell as a whole heap of correction factors going on. Luckily it was after midnight on way back from work, pefect conditions and no one else on the road.

    Funnily enough though as of tomorrow I was meant to be back to 0 points...

    I blame these cars for being so temperamental! lol

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    fooking bummer dude, ive just wiped my license clean after 4 long years, super cautious now lol

  4. #3
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    fooking bummer dude, ive just wiped my license clean after 4 long years, super cautious now lol
    Same here, I had 11 points for 3 years, now all gone. Whilst I was on 11 points I got done for speeding again, but got to go on a 'Speed Awareness Course' thank god.

    I just try and avoid the old bill at all costs....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  5. #4
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,810
    That's rubbish mate
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour



  6. #5
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Rav View Post
    That's rubbish mate
    Only when they're broken, great when they work....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  7. #6
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Same here, I had 11 points for 3 years, now all gone. Whilst I was on 11 points I got done for speeding again, but got to go on a 'Speed Awareness Course' thank god.

    I just try and avoid the old bill at all costs....
    my mates just been to court as he was caught on the phone whilst driving and he already had 9 points, they let him keep his license with 200 fine but he now has 12 points lol talk about treading on thin ice

  8. #7
    Welly's Avatar
    Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    10,680
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    my mates just been to court as he was caught on the phone whilst driving and he already had 9 points, they let him keep his license with 200 fine but he now has 12 points lol talk about treading on thin ice
    I bet his bum hole was pulsing when he got caught!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world




  9. #8
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Same here, I had 11 points for 3 years, now all gone. Whilst I was on 11 points I got done for speeding again, but got to go on a 'Speed Awareness Course' thank god.

    I just try and avoid the old bill at all costs....

    We dont have speed awareness courses up here so we simply dont get offered it.

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  10. #9
    S3 Owner

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    414
    What road were you on Minty? I often do the Aberdeen --> Invergordon trip and normally pass about 4/5 speed traps.. Their a pain on the roads up there!

  11. #10
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    A9. Between tore and the cromarty bridge. Annoyingly in all my years of driving that road at 60mph back and forth from work during the day Ive never seen Police doing anything. On my first late shift when theres nothing on the road there they are trying to catch people out. Nevermind. Whats done is done.

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  12. #11
    MTM S3, Aprilia RSV Mille

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ringwood
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    A9. Between tore and the cromarty bridge. Annoyingly in all my years of driving that road at 60mph back and forth from work during the day Ive never seen Police doing anything. On my first late shift when theres nothing on the road there they are trying to catch people out. Nevermind. Whats done is done.
    Damn police, just go for the easy targets as in reality they couldn't catch a cold. My front number plate must have fallen off on the way home yesterday and ended up getting a 60 fine for that. No wonder no one respects them
    S3 MTM
    RX8 - Thankfully gone
    Corolla T Sport - Gone
    Celica GT4 ST205 - Gone
    Clio 172 - Gone

  13. #12
    MURRAYS444's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    782
    Im drivin up to Aberdeen in a few weeks are the roads really a case of with speeding up and slowing down between cameras lol???

  14. #13
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    Well there aint any speed camera up Inverness way just lots of police whos number one priority is road safety (sitting in cars with a speed gun).

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  15. #14
    finesse's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London / Anglia
    Posts
    2,814
    Any news?
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

    Gone:

    Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

  16. #15
    Maz
    Maz's Avatar
    Moon is made of green cheese

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    Well there ain't any speed camera up Inverness way just lots of police who's number one priority is road safety (sitting in cars with a speed gun).
    Bad news, sorry to hear about that. Can't you invest in one of those laser blocker thingy-me-bobs?

    I've been stopped a couple ot times recently where they've seen me driving enthusiastically, tailed me and pulled me over for a warning. Luckily they had no way of telling what speed I was traveling so no fine just a ticking off... did say my number plate will now be entered on to some national database and if I'm stopped again I will be fined ???

    Can anyone confirm if there is any truth in this?


    Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]


  17. #16
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    worcester
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Bad news, sorry to hear about that. Can't you invest in one of those laser blocker thingy-me-bobs?

    I've been stopped a couple ot times recently where they've seen me driving enthusiastically, tailed me and pulled me over for a warning. Luckily they had no way of telling what speed I was traveling so no fine just a ticking off... did say my number plate will now be entered on to some national database and if I'm stopped again I will be fined ???

    Can anyone confirm if there is any truth in this?
    ive had this a few times on different cars, basically if i got pulled again in 12 months for a similar minor offence they could fine me, impound the car etc

    never wanted to risk it so made sure i didnt get pulled again, a3tom is your guy for this kinda thing though

  18. #17
    Mr.G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In a Tardis!!
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Bad news, sorry to hear about that. Can't you invest in one of those laser blocker thingy-me-bobs?

    I've been stopped a couple ot times recently where they've seen me driving enthusiastically, tailed me and pulled me over for a warning. Luckily they had no way of telling what speed I was traveling so no fine just a ticking off... did say my number plate will now be entered on to some national database and if I'm stopped again I will be fined ???

    Can anyone confirm if there is any truth in this?
    Empty threats, as they are powerless and are annoyed at the fact they couldn't collar you for an offence.

    G

  19. #18
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    Bad news, sorry to hear about that. Can't you invest in one of those laser blocker thingy-me-bobs?

    I've been stopped a couple ot times recently where they've seen me driving enthusiastically, tailed me and pulled me over for a warning. Luckily they had no way of telling what speed I was traveling so no fine just a ticking off... did say my number plate will now be entered on to some national database and if I'm stopped again I will be fined ???

    Can anyone confirm if there is any truth in this?
    They did this with me 4 years ago but instead lied and said they sat behind me over a set distance and recorded my speed. Imposible as they were going in the opposite direction. Must have taken a big disliking to me...Nothing I could do...my word vs. theirs. This time I was caught fair and square...well it was on a corner which is dubious but nevermind.

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  20. #19
    Mr.G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In a Tardis!!
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    They did this with me 4 years ago but instead lied and said they sat behind me over a set distance and recorded my speed. Imposible as they were going in the opposite direction. Must have taken a big disliking to me...Nothing I could do...my word vs. theirs. This time I was caught fair and square...well it was on a corner which is dubious but nevermind.
    SHOCKING!!!

    The police themselves require policing in some situations if you ask me.

    I would do all I could to get an investigation started if that happened to me.

    Disgusting display of the misuse of power!

    G

  21. #20
    Ian W's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wirral, Merseyside
    Posts
    1,054
    I had something similar recently, was on my way back to my flat from my parents house and I noticed the police about 300 yards behind so obviously i'm making sure I stick to 30 mph.

    I drive through a huge crowd of chavs who looked like there where upto no good and the police leave them and follow me home.

    Pull into the car park and they collar me getting out the car, apparently as they had to do 50 to catch me I must have been doing 50 aswell.

    I had to bite my tounge this time as last time I pointed out that there logic makes no sense I came away with 3 points and a fine.

    I was fuming though, I was clearly in the right but theres not a chance in hell they would of been admitting that.

    If i'm caught speeding i'll hold my hands up and say fair enough, the fact that I knew for a fact I wasn't really wound me up

  22. #21
    martin g's Avatar
    [censored]

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    somerset
    Posts
    154
    As in any profession, there are good ones and bad ones, they are afterall just guys doing jobs, its the ones that let the 'power' go to head that ruin it for the decent coppers.

    I know some cracking cops, but have been pulled by some snotty ones too...nothing worse than getting a condescending ticking off by a snotty nosed copper for accidently leaving your foggies on when youve just returned from dodging bullets for the same queen they represent.

    I just think of them when im polishin the medals..and think.."i was in bagdad when you were still in your dads bag"

  23. #22
    finesse's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London / Anglia
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by martin g View Post

    I just think of them when im polishin the medals..and think.."i was in bagdad when you were still in your dads bag"
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

    Gone:

    Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

  24. #23
    Maz
    Maz's Avatar
    Moon is made of green cheese

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian W View Post
    I had something similar recently, was on my way back to my flat from my parents house and I noticed the police about 300 yards behind so obviously i'm making sure I stick to 30 mph.

    I drive through a huge crowd of chavs who looked like there where upto no good and the police leave them and follow me home.

    Pull into the car park and they collar me getting out the car, apparently as they had to do 50 to catch me I must have been doing 50 aswell.

    I had to bite my tounge this time as last time I pointed out that there logic makes no sense I came away with 3 points and a fine.

    I was fuming though, I was clearly in the right but theres not a chance in hell they would of been admitting that.

    If i'm caught speeding i'll hold my hands up and say fair enough, the fact that I knew for a fact I wasn't really wound me up
    That is seriously harsh, did they make you sign some sort of declaration admitting guilt? I've heard that if your pulled over and you refuse to sign the declaration they have to prove you were speeding? Can anyone confirm this?


    Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]


  25. #24
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    That is seriously harsh, did they make you sign some sort of declaration admitting guilt? I've heard that if your pulled over and you refuse to sign the declaration they have to prove you were speeding? Can anyone confirm this?
    They issued me with a verbal NIP. As they said I was in excess of 100mph...didnt even give an exact speed. Because it was over 100mph that means it goes to the procurator fiscal who will inturn take you to court and try and ban you. My solicitor got it down to 5 points and a 350 fine.

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  26. #25
    Ian W's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wirral, Merseyside
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    That is seriously harsh, did they make you sign some sort of declaration admitting guilt? I've heard that if your pulled over and you refuse to sign the declaration they have to prove you were speeding? Can anyone confirm this?
    I'd learn't my lesson with disagreeing with the law a few months earlier when I got points so in this instance I bit my tounge and had to apoligize for being a silly boy and doing 50 in a 30 (which was actually me doing 30 in a 30). Let me off with a good talking to

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO