Induction Kit Help...ECS XAS

OOOO1.8T

Reaction score
Hi, I have Bought a ECS XAS Induction kit and have a few small probs. My car is a A3 1.8t 1999, AGU. I understand how to fit it, but where does the Amplifier assembly go when you remove it from the Air Filter Housing? Also the smaller Filter in the kit with a metal reducer, where does that go, do i even need it? This is the exact kit i have. http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=3057&manufacturer=ECS&category=Filter
My kit came with no intructions, hence the Questions. I think because i have the AGU engine the parts are different maybe? Any help much appreciated. Ben.:icon_thumright:

the ing amp you need to keep as cool as possable. i tucked mine under my heat shield and ran a direct 2" induction pipe to it for extra cooling.
heres is where mine sits shown by a red dot...

SDC11494-1.jpg

Also you do realise that thit induction kit is going to cause you greef when it rains dont you!! 1 puddle, say bye bye engine!

Thanks Mate much Appriciated, nice quick reply. But, you have me worried now. 1 puddle..! Has anyone any had any probs with this kit before? Is the prob the Air Filter as i have a brand new K&N Filter if need be. Or is it just the location of the Filter. What do i do now..? Cheers.

its just the location, its where water goes when it rains. thats why i developed my own kit..... no heat soak and no puddle suck! simples! :)

3 of my mk4 mate run them and love them! my name aint pipercross or K&N... my name aint Audi O/E either so to alot my kit, and induction kits in general are rubbish. loads of people slate them on here. Tho quite a few use them too!! each to there own i say!

Last edited:
just cable tie the ignition amplifier to the induction pipe mate facing away from the engine! (you could do it where the hole was for the air to go into the standard box, will keep it extra cool)

That was advised to me by a VAG Technician. He said it wont overheat there, the main thing is its not hitting anything as they are quite sensitive to knocks.

Your are wont suddenly explode when it rains either. Just be careful to avoid massive 4ft puddles etc. You can get a a pre-filter also known as a filter sock which are water resistant to provide a bit more protection. But i know people who have had them for years without anything and have had no problems. I've had my carbonio for over a year now as its fine. Its just common sense really.

its not a case of slating what you have already, its a case that the standard airbox isnt a bad design to start with which means to build on that is extremely difficult....some say pointless unless your running over 300bhp on the 1.8T

issues are caused bcos manufacturers make claims they cant back up and have been proven wrong already under test conditions via members on here - but there are a select few that believe these claims and these are the people who assume far too much

Thanks to you all for your replys. I am going to fit it and see how i go. I know im only going to get about 2-3 bhp out of her when i go stage 1. Keep you posted if my engine blows up...lol. Thanks Guys.

i went with mine for the sound and throttle response. werent expecting anymore power to be honest. I had a 2bhp increase at dyno however. But then again dyno lottery etc...