Going Into Limp Mode

johnboy1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone new to this Fourum, My Car (S3) has been chipped, air filter, bleed valve, and also have a Dump Valve which is going to Atmosphere not recircualiting and this works ok holds the boost, When i go for top speed get to about 140Mph and the car cuts out, its still running but there is no throttle the only way to get this back is to turn the car off and then back on, Any ideas of why this happen's

Thanks

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

probably down to it being an atmospheric valve, the system aint taking in the air from recirculating and therefore the air flow meter is registering it as a problem putting it into limp mode

I did try an uprated Recirculating Valve and also the standard one and still the same problem, Cannot see why this happens when i'm in sixth and around the 140 Mark 5k, Why does this not happen in the lower gears at the same revs witch should be around the same boost...

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
u shouldnt be doin 140 tut tut

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Was gonna say 'don't do 140+ thus no fault' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
T3RBO said:
[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:
u shouldnt be doin 140 tut tut

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Was gonna say 'don't do 140+ thus no fault' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

he was on a disused airport runway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My guess would be the bleed valve you are running. I take it you have a boost gauge? If not, running a bleed valve with out a gauge is disaster waiting to happen as you could be running crazy boost and not know anything about it.

To me, sounds like the car is running to much boost and is hitting the boost limiter which is then putting you into limp mode.

To be honest, I don't think you can put a bleed valve on an S3, as you are taking the boost out of the control of the ECU which will make the car run lean and melt a piston. My mates just done it in his Cavy Turbo. Not nice.

atmosheheric valves do work correctly and would NOT cause this problem, most likely is the bleed valve but recommend getting the fault memory checked!

You Can Run A Bleed Valve its not a problem, I did set the bleed Valve Up, Where i purchased the valve from, they have a setup where he runs a boost gauge from under the bonnet into the car just for setting up the valve. My chip is running the boost at 1.3 and i have taken this upto 1.6 witch is the max amount of boost that should be run through the turbo but this will only give you about 1 year before it is no good, You adjust this with an allen key you count the amount of turns and go from there you can ajust it up and down its like a boost controller but only cost £40

Getting back to the limp mode situation it was doing this before the bleed Valve..

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif