Induction kit?

• Thread starter imported_highlander1
  • Start date
I

imported_highlander1

Looking to get an induction kit but I am unsure which one to get.
What would you all suggest?
Cheers,
h1.

Hi, Depends what you want, Where i get my parts from say induction Kits are good for over 40Mph but replacement filters for the original box are better for around town bottom end acceleration, I Have an ABD Induction kit and that is good you can here it sucking in the air, I dosent look nothing special under the bonnet but it does a good job.

Rob

carbonio carbon fiber long track induction kit £165 from awesome gti

Although they sound louder, as a general rule on Turbo cars ive been led to believe it is a bad idea to get an induction kit as many allow larger particles through which will screw the turbo up. Normally better off performance wise to spend decent money on a quality panel filter.

shouldnt let large particles through as they wouldnt pass any test manufacturers have to put products through, plus replacement panels on a turbo'd car wont make much difference and air can only come through the standard box only marginally quicked plus will still be warm, air supplied from a short track induction kit will be warm but will draw more air in as the surface is large (still not a good thing) the way to get round it is to invest in a good manufacturers long track induction system which draws air directs from the front bumper under the headlight, other options such as forced air induction kits will work only if fitted correctly and heat prevention is fitted.

bmc carbon dynamic airbox. very expensive, put you get what you pay for, if u want pics let me know..

[ QUOTE ]
snoop said:
bmc carbon dynamic airbox. very expensive, put you get what you pay for, if u want pics let me know..

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the BMC differ from the Carbonio Cold Air Intake?

Cheers for the replys. If you have any pics to show that would be great.
h1

they do let larger particles through (induction kits)

the larger particles may if you have a turbo car stick to the turbo vanes and cause the vanes to get heavier. standard audi air filters a good for approx 300BHP depending on what engine you have.

really you should focus on the rest of your car first and then do the air filter last.

Bmc do a good kit and they also do heat shields to stop the engine geting warm air.

bmc filter carbon enclosed filter sits inside engine bay with long air track to front bumper

carbonio has the long track with the induction right up in the front bumper to get just cold air

looks nice, stick a spoiler on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mlcadman said:
bmc filter carbon enclosed filter sits inside engine bay with long air track to front bumper

carbonio has the long track with the induction right up in the front bumper to get just cold air

[/ QUOTE ]

I would of thought carbonio, pipercross viper etc being cold air feed via a pipe connected to bumper would do give the same result as a bmc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

well the actual filter on the viper, bmc, tipan etc are sitting in the engine bay and development on porka.net found that engine temp still affected the air going through, the long track kits suck as the carbonio produced lower heat, not sayin any of the kits aint good, just sharing the info that other people have found so that highlander1 can make his decision

If you have an 1.8t not an S3 then ABD do a good looking cold air feed systerm made from Alu, The air filter sits down by the front wheel just behind the front bumper this looks really cool when you lift up the bonnet and also it will be doing a good job due to where the filter is, S3's are unable to use these as the Intercoller is in the way as we are gready and need 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

with my bmc, u can pull over after getting the turbo very hot, like 140 for about 5 mile, and pop the bonnet and the bmc is cold as a fridge, thanks to my heatshield which i nabbed from work.