S3 vs Bug eyed Scoob

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
i know these threads are like marmite, and to be fair i dont really care for those that disapprove :)

Just come back from Lancaster this afternoon and had a play top end with a Vectra VXR which i happily pulled on at the top end, i thought id lose really bad as they have mahoosive engines and decent stats :)

Then came to some lights with three lanes leading onto a duel carriageway, scooby, New Mini Cooper S clubman and me..... well the Mini was left for dead...... the scoob had the usual sized exhaust, STI badges, bigger STI scoop - to be fair there wasnt a lot in it, when i was in front i seemed to be able to pull away slightly, i then let the chap pass me for which he slowed down and gave me the thumbs up side by side..... then proceeded to boot it (you could seriously hear the exhaust, extremely loud), for which i happily stayed with him without too much fuss, all the way to...... ahem, thats where we will leave it ;)

would love to have a play with one of the other scoobs just to see how i fair - conclusion, this is the second bug eyed i have been against, the last i lost slightly but this one today i had a better result, it also seemed to have some sort of custom front mount that was on show too so i assume not standard

Tim

get stage2 mate i mined a scobby on way up to pod this morning he was ****** pmsl

lol Tim you do like a race dont you mate,

as said the last time on one of these threads my cousins 305bhp bug eye sti and my chipped s3 there was never much in it there not that quick
but my mates sti 4 with 315bhp left me for dead lol there the quick ones.

i had a play with a polo gt 05 plate i think on the way home from the pod i was four up to his two up and he sat with me which rather ****** me off lol

kev lovin the car mate looked awesome

Seems all S3 owners like to race lol.

An L200 and a saxo overtook me last night. however, i was quite happy at 60... seems they wern't.

Stage two pointless, for the money

stage three or one

Last edited:
I had 2 8L S3's (one with a GT35 Turbo) 1 8L A3 and an 8P S3 which couldn't overtake me on the way home from the pod.....Revo all the way

Good result tim it's good to see how the s3 compares to other cars
what bhp are you runing

Nice read!
What were you upto in the dull land of Lancaster?

been up to Capernwray on a diving course mate
I was rolling round Lancaster today, wonder if i saw you.
What other cars did you see round there? Didn't happen to spot a MR2 Ferrari did you? lol

erm thats quite random haha, na mate..... i stayed at Holiday Inn in Lancaster last night, left there at 7.30 this morning for Capernwray and spent all day there, left at 4.30 ish heading south on M6 to Sheff.......

Was one of the divers there called Matt, i know someone whos into diving there. Him and his Mrs do it. Matt and Becky. He's a lorry driver. Unlikely, but worth an ask.

I had 2 8L S3's (one with a GT35 Turbo) 1 8L A3 and an 8P S3 which couldn't overtake me on the way home from the pod.....Revo all the way

LMAO!!! (its a GT30 btw)

Inters... bring it.... lol

Sorta on topic.... I left an 05 plate EVO for dead saturday evening from lights.... he got the jump on me from the lights as I wasn't gonna go for it if he didn't, started rolling and he lurched forward so I stuck my foot in... I was a good couple of car lengths from him while in third and still pulling away grabbing fourth but I was approaching a ford focus driving at a leisurely pace in front of me so it kinda put paid to a total annihilation sadly.... no idea what power the EVO had so guessing it was a bog std one... might not be that impressive I guess but was pleased as my car isn't running at its best atm and the look on the blokes face when I steamed past in second was priceless...

<tuffty/>

Was one of the divers there called Matt, i know someone whos into diving there. Him and his Mrs do it. Matt and Becky. He's a lorry driver. Unlikely, but worth an ask.

na fella, the car park was full, nearly 200 divers i guess

LMAO!!! (its a GT30 btw)

Inters... bring it.... lol

Sorta on topic.... I left an 05 plate EVO for dead saturday evening from lights.... he got the jump on me from the lights as I wasn't gonna go for it if he didn't, started rolling and he lurched forward so I stuck my foot in... I was a good couple of car lengths from him while in third and still pulling away grabbing fourth but I was approaching a ford focus driving at a leisurely pace in front of me so it kinda put paid to a total annihilation sadly.... no idea what power the EVO had so guessing it was a bog std one... might not be that impressive I guess but was pleased as my car isn't running at its best atm and the look on the blokes face when I steamed past in second was priceless...

<tuffty/>

you have so got to stop posting this stuff..... this GT30 is even more tempting!! bad tufts!!