hose help

mlcadman

Reaction score
After just buying my yellow a3 turbo which is running at 220bhp & 240 ft lb, de-locked, dehandled, smoothed, reiger bodykited, lowered, alloys, full exhaust system, adjustible boost controller, fast road recirculating valve, stage 2 chip, neuspeed clutch, uprated gear box (not bad for my 1st audi at only 20 years old )

My car although its lower now
http://www.twistedheaven.com/modded/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=2
http://www.twistedheaven.com/modded/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=1
http://www.twistedheaven.com/modded/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=0

basically was wondering about silicone hoses, gonna be getting yellow hoses and carbon fiber engine cover parts

my car is a 1998 S-reg, i've been told by many people to get the samco audi S3 induction pipe and the golf mk4 5 hose turbo/cooling kit

only problems i have encountered are that the golf mk4 kit which should in theory be the same as an a3 are dated 1999-2000 cars, there seems to be no kits specifically for the slightly earlier turbo'd engines and i was wondering if anyone knows if there was a change made at this time to the engine layout?

Nice car but what have have you done to the back of it !!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

It looks a bit to much "max power" esq. You could fit a football down your exhaust

I know I sound like I'm having a go but Audi's are all about understated luxury driving, you've done well to get and A3 as your first car, but you've over done it a bit at the back.

simple way to change that mate, put the other back box on, but leaving that til the better weather comes, dont worry will all be sorted for the show season, other than that i'm glad u like it

Just read my post back, and I sounded a bit off. Glad you didn't take it the wrong way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

How do you get into your car with our door handles ?

well the door works off a solinoid, press the central locking and the door actually opens on mine

I have a few friends that have done this on various cars, nice mod but bit of a ****** when someone shuts the door with the keys inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

haha good thing i've always had my keys on all my keys attached to me via some kind of chain or cord

stage 2 chip aint the one supplied to normal customers, its developed for race use, info was on the mongoose website and was supplied only as special order before the website changed

Yup you need the MK4 golf samco kit.

Basically all you need to ask for is the kit for the AGU engine code as the turbo inlet pipe (TIP) is slightly different for the various engine types.

Give 'em a call, they are a friendly bunch. You may have to wait a little longer for the pipes in yellow as they will need to be a special order.

P.s. nice to see another yellow A3 on the forum! Thats three of us now! (not including S3s)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
P.s. nice to see another yellow A3 on the forum! Thats three of us now! (not including S3s)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that other one be Moi?

[ QUOTE ]
mlcadman said:
stage 2 chip aint the one supplied to normal customers, its developed for race use, info was on the mongoose website and was supplied only as special order before the website changed

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have it done or was it something the previous owner had done?