professional opinion!

foggy21

Reaction score
As many of you will have read im looking for an A3,my budget is £4k.

Ive just seen this:

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1617380.htm

Looks nice but im slightly worried about the lowering,i want the car to be comfortable and from experience a lowered car doesnt provide that,are german supersport a well known make?Any other problems people can see?

Cheers.

i reckon you could get a bit more for your money if im honest, about the lowering it all depends rely, im lowered on coil-overs and there pretty comfortable not to harsh over the standard set up and gives the looks and bit more in the corners. then there is the bushes, i heard that powerflex are pretty harsh on the ride.

My thoughts were that im planning a remap anyway,so thats £400 saved straight away,its a quattro which is nice and full audi/vw service history,my only problem is,harsh bushes,lowered suspension and what look like low profile tyres=always hitting the bumpstops!

You'd want to ask how much its been lowered by. My A3 has a 40mm drop and its spot on so dont worry about it being harsh if its not a massive drop. You can have issues when lowering with the front ARB rubbing on the drive shaft so its worth seeing if thats been sorted with an uprated ARB with more clearance.

It seems a bit steep in price though...no leather. I dont like the wheels either BUT its a face lift with a full history so it should see you pretty well. If you could get some money off and its got a big pile of history/invoices for remaps, suspension etc it could be worth a punt as it appears to have been looked after.

I'd clarify the suspension drop though.

T

The 02 one would be my choice out of that pair. Its got half leather, its a face lift and has low miles for the age. As long as its got a full history then I'd go for that as long as its neat and tidy. Its also got decent rimmage on it so you wouldnt have to change those. Saying that I'm rocking my standard 16s on mine at the moment and I think i quite like them again...although it looks better because its lowered :)

The other one is pre facelift and doesnt have leather which IMO is a must :)

I had big troubles with my last car(french admittedly!)but dont want to buy a lemon again!

your doing the best thing,post them on here for people who are clued up on what to look/out for

That's expensive is it not? Approaching S3 money for £4k.

Bought a Mazda RX-8. I've only got an eBay cable as I lost my original one, I think I may have left it in my R32 when I sold it :motz:

Bought a Mazda RX-8. I've only got an eBay cable as I lost my original one, I think I may have left it in my R32 when I sold it :motz:

Don't be shy post some pictures and a review of the RX-8, interested in them!