Update Of De-cat Downpipe (Pics)

Jays Audi Turbo

I Love Boost :-)
Reaction score
Got all the pipe and flexi this week started on downpipe last night and finished this afternoon, just got to put boss in for lambda sensor.
Its 3inch to flexi then is reduced down to 2.5inch after flexi, will be fitting next week onto standard system untill i get new cat-bk system done, if anyoen is interested in one let me know.

Sorry about pics they were taken on my camera phone
Pics.
DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

Jay

Other than the reallllyyy suspect welding at one end, looks good for a DIY :)

What you mean suspect welding theres nothing wrong with the welding, i'll get some better pics when my camera is fixed

I'm sure it's probably just the photos from the phone, but the welding at the turbo end looks atrocious. But like I say, most likely dark pictures are to blame.

I got told 3 would be to big all the way so i went for a 3 into 2.5 setup, 2 of my m8s have the same setup and they sound great and oull very well to, i wont be going sunday as i cant get down
n/a engine yes ...forced induction bigger the better, the quicker it can get out the quicker it can gulp more in..

n/a engine yes ...forced induction bigger the better, the quicker it can get out the quicker it can gulp more in..

...providing the turbo can flow that amouth of air... we are talking about a K03 here... bigger turbos then yes, 3" all the way but not worth the extra cost over 2.5" IMO for a K03 turbo..

<tuffty/>

I like the look of these.

How much would i be looking at for one including a sports cat for my AGU?

I think I'd just go for a sports cat to save any faff of refitting etc for the MOT. What spec are the sports cats?

Very appealing then, I'll see how much my overtime comes in at on payday and might place an order.

Looks good but I would amend your description as that won't fit a K04 turbo....

<tuffty/>