intercoole? yay or nay

drewlad

mr
Reaction score
hi i'v got a 225 s3 with revo stage 2, dose any one kno if it is worth wile putting a better intercooler on if so witch one? and would i notice much differance?:readit:
thanks!

Hi

In answer to your question, yes.... its very worthwhile fitting a front mount intercooler (FMIC)... and while you are getting acquainted to the search facility, have a look at this thread from the stickies posted at the top of this very section of the forum...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?75425-AH-Fab-Ebay-Forge-S3-FMIC-(image-heavy)

When you are done with that you may want to read this one too :icon_thumright:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?34463-Use-of-the-English-language-please-read!

Enjoy and welcome to the forum... we are a friendly bunch... honest :)

<tuffty/>

Hi tuffy just a quick question i know u will know the answer 2 lol. I fitted a fmic a few months ago, the car already had stage 2 mapping on it due to the previous owner getting it done. Would it be worth getting the stage 2 mapping re-done with there now being a fmic fitted?

Thanks in-advance

Live mapping would be my suggestion, purely to make use of the modifications you are making to the car.

edit - chuckled at Tuffty's second link.

Last edited:
Live mapping would be my suggestion, purely to make use of the modifications you are making to the car.
I really fancy a FMIC but not the cost of the forge kit. Really dont fancy trying to fit a custom one either, any budding volunteer mechanics on here fit such a thing for a few quid

go for the AH fabrications one in the link..... semi custom as the brackets are there for you, just need to arrange the pipewrok..... and sod off if you want me to fit it, you do one you wont do another haha

Still unsure on whether I will mod my car, but if I do I will do it myself - worth the knowledge gained and the saving on money side of things.

There are lots of guides on here Chris, and I know if you did have any issues, Bill, Welly, Tuffty and any other will help as best they can.

go for the AH fabrications one in the link..... semi custom as the brackets are there for you, just need to arrange the pipewrok..... and sod off if you want me to fit it, you do one you wont do another haha
Thats the one I planned to go for. I just know I would get half way through the job, get stuck then have to ride my bike to work in the lovely rain

the AH one its the best by far for its money,, pipework aint too expensive either i am getting them to make me one for my TDI v soon...

As Tuffty said a good mod with correct mapping to make the most of your mods...

Hi tuffy just a quick question i know u will know the answer 2 lol. I fitted a fmic a few months ago, the car already had stage 2 mapping on it due to the previous owner getting it done. Would it be worth getting the stage 2 mapping re-done with there now being a fmic fitted?

Thanks in-advance

I would say so yes... should be able to dial in a bit more timing advance now you have the FMIC... get it done :)

<tuffty/>

Hes got the controller though I believe so surely he can just up the timing himself...

Should be able to... can't remember the details of what can be done with a stage 2 Revo but sure you can get it tweaked to take advantage of the FMIC

<tuffty/>

definitely do it, mine has alot more grunt up top end after fitting the forge kit and so easy to fit a front mount