Check the inside of your...

lugz

Reaction score
Hi, can someone or prefferably a few people check the inside of ther oil filler cap and see if you can see any sort of mesh grill of whether you can just see straight into your rocker box?
I'm just wondering whether i'm missing a mesh to stop the oil spitting up as i think this may be the reason i'm getting oil into my inlet manifold and burning off into white smoke from the exhaust.

thanks alot in advance. any other suggestions happily taken :)

that was quick, are you on your laptop inside your car? ahah. thanks anyway mate.
Anyone any suggestions on how oil could be getting into my inlet manifold? could it be caused by a split air hose?

Last edited by a moderator:
My head gasket went yesterday. White smoke everywhere! :crying:

my head gasket had went and been fixed, i'm hoping its not that again. However i'm not losing coolant i'm losing oil, could it still be that?

that was quick, are you on your laptop inside your car? ahah. thanks anyway mate.
yes am standing looking at my engine just in case any questions pop up on the forum

You can't see the cams/valve gear looking in through the filler on a 20v motor as there are 2 plastic caps that fit over the inlet cams to stop oil from being flicked up...

If you are getting oil in the inlet mani then there is an issue with the PCV system or split pipes... if you are getting white smoke then you aren't burning oil as that would be blue... you are burning water...

<tuffty/>

i meant oil is being flicked up towards filler cap then being sucked through the air hose through the throttle body and into the manifold. should of been abit more clear on that.

I thought that about the smoke, but it could only be coolant right? but thats stayed full, however my oil has dropped.

Will try this new air hose, if that doesn't work i might have to take it to a garage :( (its not the price, its the pride aha)

My car was bad with white smoke until the warm weather kickied in, all good now though :)

are we talking about the white smoke for several miles after start up? or is this more persistant

well at first it was smoking lightly for the first several miles, then it switched to starting to smoke after the engines warmed up after several miles and not stopping :/

And yes its 1.6 8 valve