stubby aerial mod..

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
after seeing another ASN member do this to there arial i thought i would give it ago as i have ofter wonderd if it would work or not.

easyest and quickest mod ever... and it was FREE!!!

Tools needed:

hacksaw
All purpose Glue.

Cut off the long bit... blob of glue on the end... screw it back on! simples!

SDC11511.jpg

SDC11512.jpg

SDC11513.jpg

SDC11514.jpg

lol I just stuck a type r one on...even easier.

Looks like someones snapped it off to me. Whats the issue with the stock one?

I like my aerial....its an aerial...its doing what its supposed to :)

yep it is true... it does what mine does!! just dont look like a bumper car! lol looks more modern i think. newer cars dont have foot long bits of wire hanging off there roofs! A subtal touch to the appearance of the motor me thinks!

each to there own and all...

Last edited:
works fine mate... all the pirates i listen to still work and they aint the most powerfull of stations!! Its not like i need it for GPS or somthing else. It still works and looks 100 times better.

the little blob of glue is to round it off and to make it water proof.

Civic aerial for me, but it was 12£!

Alpine you need a de-swirling from me or Jimmeh!!!!!

Civic aerial for me, but it was 12£!

Alpine you need a de-swirling from me or Jimmeh!!!!!

free mine was feee!!! lol

im going to get a full respray in the next year... (thats the plan anyways) lets hope i get my redundancy money!!! ATM... i cant even afford a £12 civic aerial!!! Hence the thread. Strange this forum.. matey posted the self same thing a couple of weeks ago and people loved it!! I do it and its wrong!! I love ASN!
I mite go buy some new RS4 wheels, and lower it only 25mm, oh and get in line to make my car like every one elses! maybe i will fit in more!:moa:

Last edited:
Calm down, you put a thread up with a mod and people will add their opinions....mine is that I prefer the stock item as it doesnt look like someones snapped it off.

Its your car, you do what you want to it :)

dude im calm.... the :moa: should show that!!! i was simply stating a fact :)

Looks fine to me, at the end of the day its your car and you mod it how you fell fit to. I do agree though the stubby aerials look 100% better than the standard jobbie with the wire entwined around it, but like minty i went down the type r aerial route, but bought it from a member off here for about a fiver as he had lots of them from someone at a honda dealer.

looks fine to me i bought a stubby ali one and the reception is :ermm:
You'll need a PC5-90 or PC5-52 adaptor if you're using a nonstock headunit. It amplifies the aerial signal.
I heard that I'd need a PC5-90 but used a 52 with my Alpine HU.

after seeing another ASN member do this to there arial i thought i would give it ago as i have ofter wonderd if it would work or not.

easyest and quickest mod ever... and it was FREE!!!

Tools needed:

hacksaw
All purpose Glue.

Cut off the long bit... blob of glue on the end... screw it back on! simples!

It was me, but I glued the original tip back onto the base, and it works as well as full sized one. also loads better than the honda one for reception

I sell OEM Stubby Sharan aerials. genuine VAG. £9 posted ;) so much better and give perfect reception.

I sell OEM Stubby Sharan aerials. genuine VAG. £9 posted ;) so much better and give perfect reception.

I still cant understand why people would buy one when you only have to chop the one you already have! does the same thing! lol