AUDI A3 KO3 TURBO EXTERNAL WASTEGATE

E4 FENN

mr fenn
Reaction score
HELLO THERE,IVE JUST BEEN LOOKING IN TO TURBO EXTERNAL WASTEGATES,AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE,WILL THIS FIT MY CAR ? 1.8T KO3 TURBO,RUNNING A LARGE INTERCOOLER,PIPES AND FORGE DIVERTER VALVE.....IF I CAN GET ONE FOR MY CAR,ID NEED TO TAKE OUT THE DUMP VALVE AND BLANK/PLUG THE HOLES?...ALSO HOW HARD/LONG TO FIT? cheers for any help

what would be the advantages of putting an external wastegate on? pretty sure it cant be done, please enlighten me if it be can though :D

I JUST LIKE THE SOUND OF THEM ,READING UP ON THEM,APARENTLY The main reason to use an external is that it can allow for more flow and better boost control,on mostly modified engines..i know ppl with ford rs turbos with them....some one said i cant have a external if my turbo has a internal lol its alittle confusing....

Can't use an external wastegate on a K03 as its internally gated and there is no point on a K03 even if you could really either...

My GT3071 is internally gated and I could arguably get more power if I went external gated but its not a major issue.... If you are going big turbo and chasing numbers then go external gate, if you aren't chasing numbers then internally gated is fine.... works for me :)

<tuffty/>

You sound confused fella, between what a dump valve is and a wastegate, internal or external..

DONT run without a dump valve, you will cause the turbo to see high pressure surge and strain... you will get the chirp/flutter noise but this is not a good idea for reliable turbo function