EM TuningSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

s3 modifying, your opinions please.

im sure looking back everything will have been covered but i could spend hours doing that. basically i live on the isle of man and T.T is coming up soon. ive got an 01 210bhp s3 which is supposed to have been mapped but i have no proof. id like your like opinions as to what i could do on a realistic budget to get a little more power and better handling. i want to keep it as standard as possible. also the roads are pretty bumpy over here and ive got the standard 17 avus wheels so im not sure as to what suspension and what mm lowering. any ideas please as id like to give some bikes a run for their money when the unrestricted speed limit mountain road goes one way
    cheers
    bry

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    lower it and replace the suspension and anti roll bars,I think you should forget about keeping up with bikes in an Audi.......maybe an Atom

5th Gear

Status
    welcome to the slippery slope! haha If your car has been mapped then without spending a fair old bit of money you wont be gaining much. I would go along the arb's suspension and brakes way
    Ive been Badger 5'd

Can we break the magic 300?????? In a word Yes 314 BHP 249 lbft at Badger 5

Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    steves is way quicker than any stock turbo'd s3 i have driven
    I only date skinny Women! They keep my power to weight higher...

4th Gear

Status
    Theres no way on earth any S3 will give a half decent bike a run for its money, but I admire your ambition. Once remap sorted then brakes and suspension next.

Nige
    S3 Driver and ZX6R Rider
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

4th Gear

Status
    I have bough downpipe&sport cat, upper and lower boost hose, TIP, and Pipercross panel filter. all for 350pounds, and paid 60 pounds to fit downpipe/cat, and did the rest my self, I think it is worth it was worth it. I would say around 15BHP gain, you could do that.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    I have bough downpipe&sport cat, upper and lower boost hose, TIP, and Pipercross panel filter. all for 350pounds, and paid 60 pounds to fit downpipe/cat, and did the rest my self, I think it is worth it was worth it. I would say around 15BHP gain, you could do that.
    What DP and cat you bought?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Reverse Gear

Status
    as said i would think the best way to keep good ride quality while at the same time improving the handling would be to uprate the suspension..h&r springs matched up with bilstein dampers seem to be the best choice.

Howdy

Status
    Bilstein dampers, H&R or Eibach springs, R32 ARBs, good tyres!
    I can recommend Uniroyal RainSport 2 tyres...
    Get your car checked for a remap, if it doesn't have one then get one!
    Uprated panel filter such as Green Cotton or Pipercross, uprated diverter valve such as Forge 007p and a silicone TIP (Turbo Intake Pipe) are handy too.
    2001 Audi RS4 2.7 Bi-Turbo - Nogaro Blue

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Tahiti Blue

2003 Audi S3 - Dolphin Grey; SOLD!

Missing the S3

Status
    Cheaper alternative to billy's and H and R is Audi TT quattro sport/225 S line TT dampers and eibach springs, ecentirc (spelling?) bush in existing rear tie bars and then maybe the R32 ARB setup. The you'll want to think about uprating the brakes if your going to be undertaking the TT course, black diamond discs and DS2500 are popular for a better standard setup or brembo 4 pot or a setup from badger bill if you have the funds.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for the advice, might go down exhaust, filter and suspension route. I've been looking at miltek systems but it's a grand for the lot which is a fair bit of cash. Is there noticable gains from a system or would cat back do? The s3 isn't a rocket ship but I live here so know the tt course pretty dam well

4th Gear

Status
    Relentless 3” and 120 cell, bad fit, needed grinding and enlarging the holes. But sounds awesome and responds much better. Feels like a sport car.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1chopper View Post
    Cheaper alternative to billy's and H and R is Audi TT quattro sport/225 S line TT dampers and eibach springs, ecentirc (spelling?) bush in existing rear tie bars and then maybe the R32 ARB setup. The you'll want to think about uprating the brakes if your going to be undertaking the TT course, black diamond discs and DS2500 are popular for a better standard setup or brembo 4 pot or a setup from badger bill if you have the funds.
    this whole TT dampers thing is new to me. Care to explain a little more ?
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Missing the S3

Status
    The later 225 TT (S line and facelift) and quattro sport model had 20mm lower suspension for the 18's and uprated dampers to suit (do a search on the TT quattro sport you'll see that quattro GmBH? produced the suspension). The earlier models might have had lowered suspension for the 18's but the later quattro sport had uprated dampers, which according to TTS, the facelift 225 uses the same dampers. I've tried to confirm this using VAGCAT, might make some enquires with audi to have this confirmed as the quattro sport was ment to have uprated suspension over the 225. As the S3 and TT share the same chassie these dampers will fit the S3 and should be an improvement over the standard S3 items. They didnt change the ARB's on the quattro sport though so although the suspension changes were an improvement over the 225, most reviews still say its not the car it should be (understeers, lake feeling in steering). The 20mm OE lowering springs cost the same as H and R items but you can get the eibach items from DPM for a lot less. From what I've been told the eibachs are are nice spring to use and work well with these dampers (popular on TT's and a few people on here are using Eibachs (not sure which dampers thou)).
    Last edited by mk1chopper; 8th April 2010 at 10:37.