fault codes

Jay-a3

Reaction score
hi,
i have an a3 1.8t and have been having trouble with 17705. i havent had any leaky hoses tho. i also has 17535 now.
could these codes be because of my maf sensor which i changed. its not a genuine bosch one but i have only had this trouble since changing it.
thanks

I have the same car on a 99 plate, but have noticed a difference in power since my maf died. I replaced it with a non Bosch part, but i seem to only have a 3rd of the power i should have. I returned my MAF sensor as faulty, and purchsed another non Bosch part from a different supplier, but still only have a 3rd of the power i should have. I have got Vag com, but have no idea how to use it!
Do you think these faults are related?
What symtoms have you got Jamie?

i havent had the car long but shortly after i bought it the engine light came on so i had the car read for codes an it was givin me a dead maf so i changed it and the engine light has now gone off an hasnt come back on but i have these codes now and am not sure weather it could be because of the maf. ive been told if its not a genuine bosh they can give wrong readings. im down on power to doestn seem to pull as much!i havent got vag com woul be handy to hav tho. i would buy a bosh one but dont wanna waste money if its not gonna solve the prob

I have the same thought. Now gonna give my mate a ring and try the MAF sensor off his car.

Tried his Maf sensor still lacking in power, put my pattern Maf on his car his ran fine. Did notice on his the dump valve was connected differently, gonna read into it later.