Volks AutosChris Nott
    Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

Bushes, which ones?

Hi all,

my rear bushes are effed and whilst i get my coilovers fitted i thought it would be a good idea to just replace all the bushes as they are quite cheap.

which ones do i need exactly as im a bit confused. If its all of them i might have to rethink my plan lol.

anyone able to say which ones are hard to fit? coz then ill just replace those whilst the suspension is going on.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/audi...2519_2637.html

many thanks!

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

2. # ADS
    ADS

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Which rear bushes are we talking about here?

Rear of the car, or rear of the front wishbone?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    rear of the car

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Status
    These ones then: http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/powe...29ff9f70b48fd0

Not sure on fitting difficulty, having never done them!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    yeh those are the ones for the rear im needing. i could get the front mounting bushes aswell i guess. but thats where it gets confusing coz theres loads!

a mate of mine said u have to take off the rear subframe to get them on i dunno what the truth is in that. All i know is my car is clonking over every bump and pothole

cheers

Status
    I had this and it turned out to be the rear shock absorber...
    Homer Simpson

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    I had this and it turned out to be the rear shock absorber...
    garage said it was the bushes when i had my service. wouldnt wanna risk just putting the coilies on coz it would cost more to get the new ones on labour wise. damn cars!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    garage said it was the bushes when i had my service. wouldnt wanna risk just putting the coilies on coz it would cost more to get the new ones on labour wise. damn cars!
    Fair enough. Get them done matey.

If you want all the fronts, see here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-Front-Sus...item414b510b9c

My mate used them and they've been spot on.
    Homer Simpson

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Fair enough. Get them done matey.

If you want all the fronts, see here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-Front-Sus...item414b510b9c

My mate used them and they've been spot on.
    ahh cool nice one. ill grab them and the rear mounting ones then ill see about getting them fitted.

on a side note when fitties coilies its just the wheel alignment/tracking etc that needs to be done after aint it?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    ahh cool nice one. ill grab them and the rear mounting ones then ill see about getting them fitted.

on a side note when fitties coilies its just the wheel alignment/tracking etc that needs to be done after aint it?
    Worth having it checked - yes. Although, the be honest, if you don't undo the track rod end or the bottom ball joint, it should be OK.
    Homer Simpson

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    ok cool. so all this mumbo jumbo about how u need a geometry setup with coilovers is carp?