Bushes, which ones?

DaveA3

Audi A-Trizzle!
Reaction score
Hi all,

my rear bushes are effed and whilst i get my coilovers fitted i thought it would be a good idea to just replace all the bushes as they are quite cheap.

which ones do i need exactly as im a bit confused. If its all of them i might have to rethink my plan lol.

anyone able to say which ones are hard to fit? coz then ill just replace those whilst the suspension is going on.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/audi-a3-8l-96-03-c-2377_2519_2637.html

many thanks! :icon_thumright:

Which rear bushes are we talking about here?

Rear of the car, or rear of the front wishbone?

yeh those are the ones for the rear im needing. i could get the front mounting bushes aswell i guess. but thats where it gets confusing coz theres loads!

a mate of mine said u have to take off the rear subframe to get them on i dunno what the truth is in that. All i know is my car is clonking over every bump and pothole

cheers

I had this and it turned out to be the rear shock absorber...

garage said it was the bushes when i had my service. wouldnt wanna risk just putting the coilies on coz it would cost more to get the new ones on labour wise. damn cars!

ahh cool nice one. ill grab them and the rear mounting ones then ill see about getting them fitted.

on a side note when fitties coilies its just the wheel alignment/tracking etc that needs to be done after aint it?

Worth having it checked - yes. Although, the be honest, if you don't undo the track rod end or the bottom ball joint, it should be OK.

ok cool. so all this mumbo jumbo about how u need a geometry setup with coilovers is carp?