Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

exhaust noise problems

fitted a miltek 3" downpipe with sports cat and a jetex center and back box

i chose the jetex a i read it wasnt a loud exhaust but the noise im getting from the car is very boomy and chavy

either looking to fit the old oem exhaust to the downpipe or maybe find somthing a bit quieter

any ideas ???

2. # ADS
    ADS

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Have you thought of maybe the resonated milltek mate? Ment to be no louder than oem but a nicer sound,

cheers Matt
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

Smell my finger.

Status
    How big are the boxes?
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    As Tom said.... I suspect the back box is small.... I had the same prob with my custom exhaust and the only fix was to get a Milltek back box... its now blissfully quiet but I do mis the noise occasionally ;P

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Smell my finger.

Status
    I have two cans in mine, the centre one is about a foot long and about 4 inches round and the back box is massive so nice and quiet. We fitted the biggest one we could and its spot on so id suggest the cans are too small
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

4th Gear

Status
    I was about to say, tuffty had similar issue, but obviously beat me to it! I just had my Relentless DP and 120 cells fitted to milltek non res, and it sounds lovely, I would say you can't go wrong with milltek even with BT for later days it could be useful.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1