Fitting blue tooth hands free

S3_MCD

Reaction score
thought it was about time so have bought a nokia car kit, will be fitting it myself, so was wondering whether anybody else has done same?
I reckon that it should fit behind or above the glove box, HOW DO I GO ABOUT REMOVING IT?
Will also need to get to the back of the head unit for ignition feed and auto muting feature (r these marked?), HOW DO I REMOVE THE H/U? I am assuming that once the pannels are removed from each side of the face that i will see holes for the pullers?

So many questions .... any help appreciated
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Marcus

the head unit usually has 2 or 4 small slots somewhere - these are usually next to a button using the same opening as the button in the facia with just a slightly wider slot, so can be difficult to spot.

if you want to go the glove box route (i put my sony hcb30 bluetooth box behind the glove box sitting on the top of the fan for the aircon unit) you prise off the dash end panel at the left side, undo all the screws, and there are some screws inside the glove box along the top edge behind the door, and some under the bottom of the door.

the box lifts away and you just disconnect the feeds for the courtesy light and airbag if fitted.

if you are lucky, everything you need will be already going to the radio, so you can use an autoleads adapter or tap in to the wires and run them from the back of the radio slot to the space behind the glove box easily.

thanks dunk, now i have two options /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
gonna use the HU features to support the car kit and use the car speakers rather than installing the additional one in the footwell.
Just gotta get the lead (?) to connect it all together, will have a word with stealer 2morrow and figure out what i need to get.