Car spends a while starting up ?

emery1990

Reaction score
Is it normal for my car to take say 3 seconds to turn over and start the engine, shouldn't it be near on instant? when it hadn't be started for a week it was took quite a bit of turning over to get it started maybe likes. 3 seconds doesn't sound like much but it does sound it? could i have a split hose somewhere or something?

sounds like your battery is low. you might have left something on that was drawing a bit of current throughout the week. dont know if it could be just the alarm or if you left a phone charger in there ? I know i left my car for a couple of weeks and had to turn it over a couple of times. you can probably get away with the car recharging itself when you go on a long drive. but might be better giving it a charge if you know any one who has one.

Or could be the fuel pump taking its time to chug the fuel up of the lines are dry.

Happened a few times with my S3. In the end the fuel pump gave up and got a repalcement, since then all good.

ermm. that sounds more likely jester, as it does it all the time. its never not started always started fine, but when starting other engines i felt mine was a bit behind and thought something was a bit wrong, how much are fuel pumps. its up for sale as we speak, not got any interest apart from someone thinking it was a deisel. Might have to lower the price. are the pumps quite simple to fit?

Im currently looking at mk2 golf. only an 8v though, but wants to put a 2.0l in it so ill have to deal with the huge112bhp and 109 lb for a while! i dont think its going to be easy selling the tqs though.!

Im currently looking at mk2 golf. only an 8v though, but wants to put a 2.0l in it so ill have to deal with the huge112bhp and 109 lb for a while! i dont think its going to be easy selling the tqs though.!

bitch_slap.jpg

Upgrade, not downgrade

lol im never spending loads on a car again, im fed of having no money. sell my car get a mk2 gti for a grand, spend a grand on it, end up with couple of grand left over, whilst having a better car. i couldnt care less about comfort, i only drives on the motorway for like 5 minutes a day to see my gf lol. Id much rather have 170bhp on a 1 tonne car.