Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Car spends a while starting up ?

Is it normal for my car to take say 3 seconds to turn over and start the engine, shouldn't it be near on instant? when it hadn't be started for a week it was took quite a bit of turning over to get it started maybe likes. 3 seconds doesn't sound like much but it does sound it? could i have a split hose somewhere or something?
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    sounds like your battery is low. you might have left something on that was drawing a bit of current throughout the week. dont know if it could be just the alarm or if you left a phone charger in there ? I know i left my car for a couple of weeks and had to turn it over a couple of times. you can probably get away with the car recharging itself when you go on a long drive. but might be better giving it a charge if you know any one who has one.

6th Gear

Status
    Or could be the fuel pump taking its time to chug the fuel up of the lines are dry.

Happened a few times with my S3. In the end the fuel pump gave up and got a repalcement, since then all good.
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

5th Gear

Status
    ermm. that sounds more likely jester, as it does it all the time. its never not started always started fine, but when starting other engines i felt mine was a bit behind and thought something was a bit wrong, how much are fuel pumps. its up for sale as we speak, not got any interest apart from someone thinking it was a deisel. Might have to lower the price. are the pumps quite simple to fit?

6th Gear

Status
    What car is next after your sale of the TQS
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

5th Gear

Status
    Im currently looking at mk2 golf. only an 8v though, but wants to put a 2.0l in it so ill have to deal with the huge112bhp and 109 lb for a while! i dont think its going to be easy selling the tqs though.!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emery1990 View Post
    Im currently looking at mk2 golf. only an 8v though, but wants to put a 2.0l in it so ill have to deal with the huge112bhp and 109 lb for a while! i dont think its going to be easy selling the tqs though.!

[IMG]http://msp305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/Andeyhollawho/WTF/*****_slap.jpg[/IMG]

Upgrade, not downgrade
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

5th Gear

Status
    lol im never spending loads on a car again, im fed of having no money. sell my car get a mk2 gti for a grand, spend a grand on it, end up with couple of grand left over, whilst having a better car. i couldnt care less about comfort, i only drives on the motorway for like 5 minutes a day to see my gf lol. Id much rather have 170bhp on a 1 tonne car.