Eibach Springs on A3 T Sport

paul_b

Reaction score
Just to confirm no horror stories from these so far. The ride quality is indeed absolutely no worse than standard, yet the car is subtly lowered and body roll is drastically reduced. As a result cornering grip is noticably improved and the steering is marginally better as well due to the initial "body lurch" being largely removed.

A very cost effective mod, obviously with tighter damping from uprated shocks it would be better still, but for the money no complaints.

Its seems tyre profile makes much more difference to ride quality, the old 55 profile 16s could glide over manhole covers without much clatter, but 45 profile 17s (put on a day before the springs were) do harm ride on skanky blacktop.
God knows what 19s and 35 profiles are like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

30mm, wouldn't go any lower with standard shocks.

I also have the Eibach Springs on my A3 Sport and found the handling improved alot over standard! They also dropped the car nicely although not as much at the front as it would with say a heavier engined car like the 1.8T!

I saw them on Ben's A3 before buying and that made up my mind! I will try and get some pictures of mine up here soon!

[ QUOTE ]
paul_b said:
although I am no longer of the impression that Greenstuff pads are all that great on a heavy car like the A3.
Got a bit of fade & judder on the twisty road on the way to the village the night before. Still an improvement over standard O.E. pads though, and it could be my discs are getting a bit tired.
Might consider Pagid discs and FR pads next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running the pads on OEM discs? It's not likely to be the pads that cause the fade and judder but the ability of the discs to allow them to gas/vent freely under braking, which causes fade jdue to a glazing effect.

I would try some grooved and drilled discs which should stop fade in almost all (normal) but extreme driving situations. The OEM discs are likely to build up a lot of built in heat between the pad and disc which cannot be taken away, and this is where grroved and drilled discs come in.

Re: Grooved discs - you're probably right I am running O.E. discs and they are probably past their best.

I had Tarox G88 (40 groove) discs and Greenstuff pads on my Ibiza Cupra and they were very good for road use, although that was a lighter car.

Just might try Pagid stuff for a change next time.