centre arm rest problem

gumball b

[OLD SKOOL CRUISER]
Reaction score
hi,has anyones arm rest got stuck in the up position and the button wont release it, annoying me now does anyone no how to fix it out there coz i couldent work it out any ideas would be grateful many thanks.:crying:

I've got the same issue.. Audi want £130.00 for a new armrest without fitting... Could do with a DIY fix guide:hi:

typical audi hey,soz youve got the same problem any joy i will let you no mate :bye:

There was a tutorial knocking about on here before.

Failing that, you need to remove the armrest by taking out the ash tray ( I think, it's been a while since I did it) which will reveal an allen head bolt, then inside there are some small torx screws, they're well hidden as they are covered in the same flock as the inside of the rest. Removing these screws should release the catch, then you will be able to see where the tab has broken off in the mechanism, simply drill this out, then I cut the head off a machine thread screw and drove it in, bit of Araldite and it's worked ever since. Might as well break off the other side and replace that too, it'll only break eventually.

thanks for that,will give it a try tommorow and let you know the outcome,i did notice the allen head bolt but wernt to sure to try it..rip of audi quoted one bloke on here £130 there having a laugh...thanks again

try and pop a flat head screwdriver under the release button and pop it out it sometimes gets jammed its happened on mine twice

Has anyone bought those ones for sale from ebay germany? They look the same but im a bit skeptical if they fit 100%.