idle up and down and flat spots

gumball b

[OLD SKOOL CRUISER]
Reaction score
hi everyone,been ofline for a while. i was hoping i can get a reply to my :s3addict:it also has an unpredictable flat spot when you dont need it,its like it surges all of a sudden.i put a k+n panel filter in about a month ago and could this be the cause,im fitting a forge 007p tommorow to it and hope this may cure it a bit,i know the bosh one is not up to scratch..any advice from anyone i would be most greatful many thanks and good to be back....:crying:

Hi bud, to check if your maf is faulty, unplug it and see if the idle is any better, if it idle ok with the maf unplugged you need to replace it. The k&n has probably caused it to go

thanks for that mate,if it is that it will do it again i suppose if i have to get a new one. someone said to me not to do it coz of oil residue getting stuck to the maf, will try that tommorow,still gonna fit the d/v though hope that goes ok thanks again mate....

I had a k&n in mine didn't cause any issues, you could clean it first and see how it goes. It might be worth getting it checked via vagcom, might have other faults on it