S3 Tints

benstevens

Reaction score
Just had a call from my insurance, they said that want to know what degree of tint i have on my windows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ******** if I know, so I called the Dept. of Transport to ask if they could test me motor and tell me, they said that they would send a bloke round to check it but warned me that all Audis have a 20-30% tint anyway so they will probably end up giving me ten days to have the tints removed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Anybody know any better?

Cheers you lot.

I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have any tint.

Anyone out there with tinted windows, dont ask the Department of Transport to test your tints for you the feckers have just given me a Prohibition Notice because my forward tints are too dark (74% light reduction) your allowed 70% on the fronts. A measly 4% over. Been given a week to take them off - to**ers!

If you have to take your car back to get them to check you've done it, just wind the windows down and point the car out from the office and tell them you've taken the tints off...
Job done....

Seriously though, you're right...TO553RS

Unfortunately the sneaky tw@ts send someone out to you to check you've done it. He also said that that i cant drive me mota in the dark, so i'm supposed to leave it at work tonight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

I've had the same with the Ministry up in Scotland. I've been told that the next time they come upto the car, I've to put the windows down and they don't have the power to MAKE you put them back up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But they can call upon the help of the 5.0. but /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Should be stopping car theft never mind people who have light smokes on the glass (pimp tints) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

take another a3 s3 which looks the same, and swap the number plates for time being,

when they check it they think its yours, after they done the check, park round the corner and swap the plates back

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif