2000 A3 1.8 T Sport Cam Belt change?

adamf200

Reaction score
Hi all,
when does the cam belt need changing on these cars, I have searched the forum but cant find an answer so sorry if its been covered before.
My car has just done 60,000 miles.

70-75000 miles i think mate

always better to have it done sooner rather than later, so if i were you id start thinking about having it done within the next 5k

ok cool,
any idea how much its costs at an indy?
does the wtare pump need doing too? if so how much is this?

mine cost £230 for cambelt kit (tensioners and everything) and a water pump, fitted. All parts genuine.

Should give u a rough idea

mine cost £230 for cambelt kit (tensioners and everything) and a water pump, fitted. All parts genuine.

Should give u a rough idea

dude thats frikking awesome price £230, i think audi do it for a set price of £450?

so basically around the £300 mark you wont be far wrong

Audi have a special offer on at the moment for £350

Mention to them that Stafford Audi have it for £275 on their website and most Audi dealers will bring that down to £300

Word of warning they don't change the hydraulic damper which is an £85 part or the waterpump (will do for an extra £80 for the pump and coolant)

Jas

for that kinda money i wouldnt even contemplate doing it myself, by all accounts its a right ball ache of a job

HI THE CAMBELT CHANGE IS 75000MLS OR 5YRS WHICHEVER COMES FIRST, LIKE PREVIOUS PEAOPLE HAVE SAID AUDI DONT CHANGE THE DAMPER OR THE WATER PUMP, I AM AN AUDI TECHNICIAN IF YOU REQUIRE ANY ADVISE PLZ MSG ME