handbrake light and air bag light on!

baker_boy

Reaction score
hi guys and girls,

im new to the forum as iv just bought an a3, its only the 1.6 sport but it does the job for me, its a pre-facelift model aswell, anyway when i bought the car, off of a mate, probably a bad move! iv noticed that the handbrake light and the airbag light are both constantly on! can anyone shed any light to why there on please, any help is much appreciated
i did use the search function and found out that the airbag ecu has gone?? not sure if that sounds right, but couldnt find anything on the handbrake light.

cheers

dave

a dodgy connection could bring on the airbag light
unsure about handbrake light
you need vagcom to see the cause of these problems ideally

ok cheers voorhees, how do i check the connection between the airbag?where is it located etc. oh yeah i have heard about this vagcom thing, what do i need to get hold of one?

thats a good point welly bit i checked that aswell and it isnt, would there be some kind of plug/sensor on the rear brakes that mite not have been put back on?just in december the last owner had new brakes fitted all round.. and regarding the sensor for the airbag being under the seat, i forgot to mention that someone fitted full recaro leather interior to it som maybe that didnt fit the plug back onto it??
thanks again vorhees, will also look into that, i really need to get a haynes manual, get to feel my way around the car better with one..