Best ****

T3RBO

6th Gear
Reaction score
Website
www.tt-forum.co.uk
<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1098397055T3RBO">

Which do you think is the best looking S3 rear badge
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Old
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />New
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

s3rearold.jpg

s3rearnew.jpg

I have to say I like the older version, though I'm probably a bit biased cos' I have one on the back of my car. The new one is obviously more modern, but tells everyone it's an S3, the old badge makes people come over to have a butchers and see what it is - not sure if thats a good thing or not though.

Yeah I agree with Joe. I prefer the old badges..

Hmm perhaps a subtle mod (or de-mod!) coming up...

Rich.

I did really like old badge but on seeing new one in the flesh, I reckon it look well smart /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Think the new S3 badge set into steering wheel is a bit boring though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't mind the the badges inside. Definately thinking of swapping the exterior badges.

I'll have to have a nose at Jojo's car tomorrow and swap the badges over when he is not looking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
T3RBO said:
new style badge is £12.42 inc p&amp;p via VAG PARTS

but for sale on E Bay - current bid is at £10.21 with 8 days to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

E bay

E bay page with new interior badge

[/ QUOTE ]

Ebay can be a crazy place on times! I've seen people get so caught up in bidding wars that they actually pay more for the part second hand than you can from the shops new!

Perhaps people like Winning!

The old one is much better, it looks much more grown up. I have the new one which doesn't look quite as 'special'. Any ideas where I could get the old style one and how much it would be and how hard it would be to fit?

Does the dealer still sell them? They should do?

Have a look on vagparts...

Rich.

Vagparts don't stock old ones (according to their site) but if I buy a new style one I will have the old going spare /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i reckon a mixture, the new one with the audi logo in the red bit as teh ols one has?????

Any one feel like photoshopping?

[ QUOTE ]
jcs356 said:
What about no badge at all on the outside. Keep the un-initiated guessing!

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid for an S3 so I want people to know I have one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

when I de-badged my TT, I had so many people ask 'what is it?'...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding?

[ QUOTE ]
T3RBO said:
[ QUOTE ]
jcs356 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid for an S3 so I want people to know I have one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I like the new one but just because its the same script as the RS4/6 etc and just looks fresher. I didnt realise their was an old style badge till i saw this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

New style badge!

I changed mine a few months ago thanks to VAG parts.

I also changed the rear light cluster, which makes the car now look "fresher" and more "crisper" edges.

Personally I prefer the old style badge. I have debadged both S3s I've had and prefer the look with out them on....mainly to stop the little feckers from trying to pry it off with a screwdriver late one night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I had to get the replacement badges and they cost £9.99 from an Audi Dealership (Ridgeway in Newbury) either for the S3 badge or the 4 rings.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
T3RBO said:
[ QUOTE ]
jcs356 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't he mean which model TT?

[ QUOTE ]
T3RBO said: when I de-badged my TT, I had so many people ask 'what is it?'...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

the old one looks like something you would pin to your coat! just my opinion!
the debadged look on the audi **** looks pretty sweet!

Just ordered myself a new one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

and some TT pedals as it would be rude not too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Right, front of car... what looks best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ScotSTHREE said:
New one for certain. The old badge is too fussy. You need to have radar vision to read it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totaly the old one is alamost the same as on 1992-94 S4's, the badge needed bringing up to date and the new one did it with style, same goes for the grille badge as well.

For new badges look under new parts for the S3 on the VAG site they are only £5.96 ex p&amp;p they have two different prices on the site for the same thing.I got two for £16.67 I only want the 'S' one for my 18T A4 sport and the other for my wifes A3 1.6fsi sport.

I prefer the old one, not as it looks beter, but as I have the new version on my tailgate I have noticed that trying to clean between the S and the 3 is a nightmare, where on the old one it looks much easier to clean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
TOON FLYER said:
For new badges look under new parts for the S3 on the VAG site they are only £5.96 ex p&amp;p they have two different prices on the site for the same thing.I got two for £16.67 I only want the 'S' one for my 18T A4 sport and the other for my wifes A3 1.6fsi sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just called them about price diference and now have my order reduced to the lower price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quite fancy the 'competition' badge to replace front S3 one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think the later badge looks cheaper/ less involved than the earlier one, but then on the other hand you could say the later one is cleaner and less fussy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif