New toys paid for but need help

audia3turrbo

Reaction score
Just brought my new fmic for my Audi a3 1.8t

Also getting my cat back exhaust fitted Thursday

But my main reason im on here tonight is im looking for a k03s turbo

Be for any body says any thing i have been looking every were on this sight on info but cant find any for the agu engine

I have found allot of them on eBay but none of them say its for the agu which is a bummer for me

Dose any body no were i could get one from,also if the ones on eBay fit my car but just not saying its for the agu or is there just spacial ones?

Thanks guys you lot have been a real help to me my car is your car LOL :) :icon_thumright::icon_thumright:

This turbo any good and is there a make i should be looking for,

Is it best to get a secont hand one from a low millage car ?

I knew someone who had one. if you are intrested pm me I will ask if he still has it and you can exchange details.

try get a k04 instead mate much more potential. especially if ur getttin fmic sorted

try get a k04 instead mate much more potential. especially if ur getttin fmic sorted

Don't confuse the poor fella.... lol

A K04 isn't a simple bolt on upgrade, lots of work to do but you can get a K03 hybrid that is a K03 turbo with K04 internals, very popular with Ibiza owners... this will bolt on but you will need to change things like the injectors, MAF, TIP, airfilter, and typically the fuel pump and get it custom mapped... this of course is not going to be easy or cheap as you will have quite an early ECU...

A K03s from a later 8L A3 should fit yours... Welly did a similar thing to his A3 IIRC... Look for a decent second hand one...

<tuffty/>

Welly did a similar thing to his A3 IIRC...

<tuffty/>

He did indeed - any K03S will fit, it's not a specific turbo for the AGU.

I got mine for Motors In Motion. Was second hand with 60k on it. Good as gold though and came with a 3 month warranty.

You should be looking for a K03-052 or a K03-053. These are K03S turbos. Easily identifiable from the fact they have 8 cold side turbine blades, not 12.

Haha well if any body has seen any for sale as im gonna take welly advise ont his one as he has done this :p

Also i am gonna go whith the K03-058 :)

Thanks guys for your help ...

I have asked for the KO3s as promised earlier, however the guy says it is not in a good condition. therefore it is a no no, and he wont sell it becuase of that.

Just spoke to the bloke his gonna look how many turbines tomorro,but he said its a 053 and its out of a 2000reg wich was a x reg should this be a k03s or not,also is the ko3 053 the same as 058 as why would they name them different i.e why not call them both 053 ???

it can't be ko3s they are not on any 150bhp engine, always on 180 cars be it golf/bora/passat/a3/a4/a6 etc

Posted a link about this item already and have jut reseved the pictures of this to my phone this is the one with 8 turbines,also the car was a 2000 reg x reg also this was a bottom end dammage,i spoke to the bloke today he said there is no play in and out but has slight play side to side,dose any body think this is ok to buy and also when i buy this going on to a agu engine is there any other parts i will need i.e new tip or any thing ?

Cheers lewis

i think the AUM golf mk4 (150) had a k03s but that was the 1 exception