Audi a3 fmic intercooler

audia3turrbo

Reaction score
Just seen this on ebay, and I just wondered what you guy's think.

And also have any of you ever fitted one, if so are they bitches to fit?

Also is this a big enough intercooler or do I need to go bigger?

Does this come with all the parts that I will need or will I need to buy some more separately.

Any help would be great, also if anyone finds anything better than this please let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-AUDI-A3-A...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5636632a68

the search function is your friend mate! been covered numerous times!
but yeah that kit is fine, i have it on mine and also a few others on here

kit is fine and works well by all accounts, i have just fitted a stealthy fmic on our A3.... ebay sourced but black and not in kit form - best searching as there are plenbty of threads on this

Well if any body can find me a nice one with a striaght fit i think i will buy it tomorrow as have been looking for a week and time to spend just want someone who noes about this stuff so i dont buy the wrong thing thanks guys also if any body could send the link to.

Prawn what fmic was that as it looks nice and i see you have the forge hoses were did you get all these parts from cheers man send me the link were u got it from as was it a nice fit thanks dude

Last edited:
Prawn has used the exact same kit that you posted a link to, same as me too. the fitment is very good, might be worth investing in some new silicone couplings and clamps though as the ones they supply are crap

just speak to any silicone hose supplier, theres loads if you google it.
off the top of my head you will need;
3 x 50mm straight couplings
1 x 50<60mm reducer
1 x 60<63mm reducer
Please someone correct me if im wrong :D

im actually cringing, if this chap is this lazy on here, when he gets to work fitting that kit - he'll be in a right mess

Actually... I am sure I sent him a link to that FMIC in a PM only a day or so ago...

<tuffty/>

Yes you did tuffy just wanted to no if the pipes were ok on the item,good fit or should i buy new pipe work or silicone as i wouldnt mind the forge stuff

It is what it is mate tbh... obviously using Forge quality silicone hoses is a preference but I would look to replace them after if budget doesn't allow...

...and its 'tuffty' :icon_thumright:

<tuffty/>

and another tip....if you go on ebay and look for Mr silicone, he sells the same spec pipes as forge for far less, 4ply silicone

I been looking on this forum and i see people saying the kits dont come with every thing on ebay

So dont wanna buy it then have to pay out loads more for parts

Can any body just show me what one to buy for a agu engine 1998

Also what things do i have to change i.e pipe work i have read loads of threads on this but i realy dont no,people saying move the map sensor i dont no what this does or were it is and moving the n75 dont no what this is or were it is help please as i realy want to buy one asap as i wont it fitted i hate waiting lmao cheers guys i no i am rubbish at this (s**t) but hey you lot no you love to help

I been looking on this forum and i see people saying the kits dont come with every thing on ebay

So dont wanna buy it then have to pay out loads more for parts

Can any body just show me what one to buy for a agu engine 1998

Also what things do i have to change i.e pipe work i have read loads of threads on this but i realy dont no,people saying move the map sensor i dont no what this does or were it is and moving the n75 dont no what this is or were it is help please as i realy want to buy one asap as i wont it fitted i hate waiting lmao cheers guys i no i am rubbish at this (s**t) but hey you lot no you love to help

You have an AGU. you don't have a map sensor. Forget anything you've read about map sensors.

Now, go read the FMIC thread I've already linked to, and everything you need to know is in there. Ignore the bit about the Map sensor.

you will HAVE to make your own N75 take off, but it's not hard, it takes 10 minutes, and all you need is a drill.

TYhe kit you linked to in your first post is the kit to have for the AGU. anything else will be totally custom build like Tims setup, something it sounds like you're not up for doing.

Use the search and read all the thousands of threads that clog up the forum about these intercoolers, that's why I did a write up on them, to try and stop countless weekly threads asking teh same thing.