Wheel Sizes

Cheers!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers everyone for all the help- think the 18s look sweet even with standard suspension- the only issue is that the 18s will rob me of the little bit of acceleration i have!! and the rumours of gearbox trouble etc
would 17s look small under the arches though- RS4 replicas is what i'm goin for- the spokes go to the edge so should give the illusion of a big wheel, even in 17, anyway.....

Cant say ive ever heard of gearbox problems caused by bigger wheels!

Rich

yeah, the wheel diameter is exactly the same on 225/40/17 and pretty much the same on 225/45-18....but its the difference in weight, the weight at the wheels has worse effect than weight in the car- i've been told that the 18s would be like carrying a passeneger all the time- although i suppose how much more would an 18 weigh than a 17??

mate in my opinion i wouldnt worry about the extra bit of weight.

If you were that worried about speed. you would not have gone for the 1.6. So i wouldnt worry.

Go 18's Go.

Lol

Thanks everyone for all your input- i'm goin ahead and getting 225/40-18 RS4 with Uniroyal Rainsport on Saturday! Looking forward to getting them on- anything i should look out for buying the RS4 replica??

I know what ya mean- RS4 are quite common but i think they really suit the A3- thought about S3 type as well....i definitely want to car to have a genuine audi feel to it (so only considered replicas)....RS4 with Audi type logo'd centre caps does the job!!
Any alternative suggestions anybody has are welcome!!

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
porsche style rims - still keepin that germen feel to it all ! And they look sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Also conside MTM Bimoto wheels.. Rochford do replicas of these i believe are called 007's

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
jimboA3 said:
and to think ! i honestly belived you had 22.5" rims "with markers " lmao !:D

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, ha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
martin black S3 said:
Hi, what mods are you running to get that 14.5 1/4 mile time?

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont need any... a standard S3 can do this!

Rich

I may try the 17's for a faster time then, I spoke to someone with the same chip as me and he got a 13.8 on standard wheels, just for info when I ran that 14 second quater an AmD chipt R32 ran 14.4 next to me