LCR Brembo's on an S3...

SamiG

On Boost, ish.
Reaction score
I'm going to fit new discs and pads all round on my S3 and just wondered if anyone has fitted the OEM Brembo front calipers to their S3 from the Leon CupraR? I looked at some discs online and they say the fit both S3 and LCR so do they both use the same diametre front discs??

If anyone has done it what is involved? Is it a straight swap or is there any modification involved?

Also if anyone has a good set of LCR Brembo's for sale then drop me a PM i could be interested

:icon_thumright:

I'm going to fit new discs and pads all round on my S3 and just wondered if anyone has fitted the OEM Brembo front calipers to their S3 from the Leon CupraR? I looked at some discs online and they say the fit both S3 and LCR so do they both use the same diametre front discs??

If anyone has done it what is involved? Is it a straight swap or is there any modification involved?

Also if anyone has a good set of LCR Brembo's for sale then drop me a PM i could be interested

:icon_thumright:

LCR fitted with Brembos are 323x28mm discs... S3 and non Brembo Cupras are 312x24mm IIRC...

LCR Brembos are radial fit and will need brackets. You will also need the front brake pipes too.

Bill at Badger 5 sells a kit that uses Brembo GT calipers and LCR 323mm disks... You are unlikely to find anyone selling theirs second hand on here tbh....

<tuffty/>

If you see a website listing same disks will fit LCR and S3, its a mystake.. a common one.
Leon cupra and S3 share 312mm disks

Leon Cupra-R runs 4-pot brembos and larger, thicker 323x28 disks..

a full LCR brake system will fit onto an S3 however if you have the ££ for them (Brembo Gt Junior kit is cheaper way of getting the same thing however)

So if i found a breaking LCR for examples sake, what parts would i need to do the swap other that calipers/carriers, disks and pads?

Thanks for your help guys :)

Calipers, pads, hoses, brackets, discs....

Brake fluid would also be useful :)

<tuffty/>

ahh, now i had the understanding that S3 and LCR had the same hubs. so LCR brembos should fit straight on with LCR discs and pads and pipes. no brackets needed..

ahh, now i had the understanding that S3 and LCR had the same hubs. so LCR brembos should fit straight on with LCR discs and pads and pipes. no brackets needed..

AFAIK they share hubs but LCR Brembos are radial fitment and require brackets... S3 calipers have a carrier... different...

As I said in the post above, LCR calipers, pads, hoses, brackets, discs are required to allow fitment to an S3

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
So LCR brembos have a bracket bolted to the hub and then calipers bolt to the brackets? So these can be got from the stealers. I thought the lcr brembos bolted straight to the hub. Might pop over to lcr.net nd ask around

Well looking at what the experts above say the hub must be different, as if it was as simple of using the LCR bracket, more would do it rather than spending cash on bespoke brackets

The OEM LCR brackets are about £120 each and the LCR Brembo calipers are just silly expensive which is why Bill sells the Brembo GT jnr calipers and alloy brackets as it more or less the same gear but no where near the price tag of OEM LCR stuff...

If you can get them from a written off car at a good price then all is good...

Normal Leon Cupra uses same brake setup as S3 and TT, 312mm and as far as I am aware, same hubs etc.... Leon Cupra R came with Brembos and 323mm discs...

<tuffty/>