A3 1.8T De-cat Dowpipe

Jays Audi Turbo

I Love Boost :-)
Reaction score
What gains would i get from a de-cat downpipe with full 2.5 system, i have my own fabrication business and i have a jig for making the downpipes etc i have about 18 of the flanges made already i've made 2 downpipes already and sold them, would anyone be interested in them and what would be best, 3inch bore then reduced down to 2.5 or just 3.0 then get a full 3 inch system am going for a 3 inch cone from the flange to the flexi then 2.5 pipe work.

Peoples views and gians from fitting?

Don't see much in power gains fitting kit like this but helps the engine by reducing EGT's and arguably helping the turbo spool more quickly...

Worth while addition if you plan to go stage 2 with complimentary mods like a FMIC, panel or cone filter etc..

Should get a lot of interest at the right price... got any pics of you previous work?

<tuffty/>

Don't see much in power gains fitting kit like this but helps the engine by reducing EGT's and arguably helping the turbo spool more quickly...

Worth while addition if you plan to go stage 2 with complimentary mods like a FMIC, panel or cone filter etc..

Should get a lot of interest at the right price... got any pics of you previous work?

<tuffty/>

Well i have a fmic awaiting fittment, am gonna be getting a forge dumpvalve,forge intake pipe,induction kit behind front bumper,ecotek valve,de-cat pipe and full cat-bk system then a re-map,
For a 2.5 de-cat downpipe £210 Delivered and for a 3.0 de-cat downpipe £260 Delivered.
I'll try find pic of the downpipe i did for my m8's seat ibiza cupra.

See a lot of these used on Ibizas... :)

<tuffty/>

Here's the one i made for my m8's seat, i've done 5 so far for the ibiza and 2 for the a3
picphp.jpg

FabricationWork006-1.jpg

FabricationWork005-1.jpg

Looks good mate... I assume its all stainless... would also suggest a 200 cell CAT option as come MOT time etc... :)

Magnaflow do some nice small 200 cell cats, I got one for mine... very neat

<tuffty/>

Looks good mate... I assume its all stainless... would also suggest a 200 cell CAT option as come MOT time etc... :)

Magnaflow do some nice small 200 cell cats, I got one for mine... very neat

<tuffty/>

Yeah i can do them with a sports cat not a problem and yeah its a full stainless job no rusty mild steel crap lol

On the same topic, do you guys think heat wrap is needed for standard KO4 mapped, using the 3" DP etc.. or there is no need for this! and how do you rate XS power downpipe and 120 cell cat? just some info as I am not sure what to look at the moment!

What gains would i get from a de-cat downpipe with full 2.5 system, i have my own fabrication business and i have a jig for making the downpipes etc i have about 18 of the flanges made already i've made 2 downpipes already and sold them, would anyone be interested in them and what would be best, 3inch bore then reduced down to 2.5 or just 3.0 then get a full 3 inch system am going for a 3 inch cone from the flange to the flexi then 2.5 pipe work.

Peoples views and gians from fitting?

I was very pleased with the spool time difference when I fitted my DP and Decat to my old A3.

I got one from some company or other in Belgium, and wasn't expensive at all. Only around £150. Bargain. Good mods for the money. :icon_thumright:

On the same topic, do you guys think heat wrap is needed for standard KO4 mapped, using the 3" DP etc.. or there is no need for this! and how do you rate XS power downpipe and 120 cell cat? just some info as I am not sure what to look at the moment!

I'm assuming thats the one on ebay?

I would personally go for Pipewerx. All day every day.

I would'nt get any thng off ebay cause half the time something is missing or dont fit right, like other lad said pipewerx would be better

On the same topic, do you guys think heat wrap is needed for standard KO4 mapped, using the 3" DP etc.. or there is no need for this!...

Considering EGT's can rise to around 900 degrees under boost and make the manifold glow bright red then I would say yes :)

<tuffty/>

I have been looking at de-cats and diffrent down pipes for my A3. If i got a de cat would that bring up a fault as well as the light on the dash?

Depends if you have 2 Lambda sensors or not.... I can't remember if the AUM does or not.

Depends if you have 2 Lambda sensors or not.... I can't remember if the AUM does or not.

I have one and its before the cat lol but if you have 2 i think you can still get away with it as the one i made for my m8's seat ibiza has 2 sensor's one before and one after the cat and no lights have come up yet and his had it on for about 5-6 months

i also would be interested, but that is a little pricey for a decat, could you give me a price for one with a cat. will need the two lambda sensors also for an AUM!

cheers

i also would be interested, but that is a little pricey for a decat, could you give me a price for one with a cat. will need the two lambda sensors also for an AUM!

cheers

Its a full downpipe de-cat that comes with gasket and nuts for £220 Delivered which is a good price and for a sports cat £320 Delivered

how do you guys rate relentless downpipes? there aren't many around but just want to get some ideas.

Got a link to the relentless downpipe?

Jay id be interested in one for the S3!

no link sorry, I read some guy fitted one late last year and he was really happy with it, but heard something like droping the sub frame to fit it ?? this could be a bit of pain.

The Relentless down pipe for the S3 is a poor fit and need modifying

The flange is wrong and needs re drilling and the flange also needs trimming

The co sensor sits close to the manifold

you mean trimming from the thickness or the sides? is O2 sensor close enough to touch the mani that can get annoying? have you personaly fit one or had one?

Here's a old de-cat pipe of a mk3 seat ibiza cupra dont know who made it but it is pants, i took my old one off was not a bad job just a little tricky to get to bolts etc and theres no need to drop sub frame even if you have 3inch bore.

Old one off 3inch seat ibiza downpipe and it fits like a glove just a bit close to heat shield.
AudiTurbo025.jpg

AudiTurbo026.jpg

AudiTurbo027.jpg

I think i might go 3inch with jetex middle box and back box then get remap etc?

Looking good mate :)

I could be tempted when some pennies are saved for a DP and sports cat for my AGU A3 :)

People with 3' system's what boxes would be best as i dont want silly loud am gonna have 3' downpipe de-cat, then i was thinking of 2x jetex boxes, both of them 250mm long or just one and a middle box 625mm long.