JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    I Love Boost :-)

Status

Question A3 1.8T De-cat Dowpipe

What gains would i get from a de-cat downpipe with full 2.5 system, i have my own fabrication business and i have a jig for making the downpipes etc i have about 18 of the flanges made already i've made 2 downpipes already and sold them, would anyone be interested in them and what would be best, 3inch bore then reduced down to 2.5 or just 3.0 then get a full 3 inch system am going for a 3 inch cone from the flange to the flexi then 2.5 pipe work.

Peoples views and gians from fitting?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Don't see much in power gains fitting kit like this but helps the engine by reducing EGT's and arguably helping the turbo spool more quickly...

Worth while addition if you plan to go stage 2 with complimentary mods like a FMIC, panel or cone filter etc..

Should get a lot of interest at the right price... got any pics of you previous work?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Don't see much in power gains fitting kit like this but helps the engine by reducing EGT's and arguably helping the turbo spool more quickly...

Worth while addition if you plan to go stage 2 with complimentary mods like a FMIC, panel or cone filter etc..

Should get a lot of interest at the right price... got any pics of you previous work?

<tuffty/>
    Well i have a fmic awaiting fittment, am gonna be getting a forge dumpvalve,forge intake pipe,induction kit behind front bumper,ecotek valve,de-cat pipe and full cat-bk system then a re-map,
    For a 2.5 de-cat downpipe 210 Delivered and for a 3.0 de-cat downpipe 260 Delivered.
    I'll try find pic of the downpipe i did for my m8's seat ibiza cupra.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    See a lot of these used on Ibizas...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    See a lot of these used on Ibizas...

<tuffty/>
    Here's the one i made for my m8's seat, i've done 5 so far for the ibiza and 2 for the a3

Status
    It was 3inch to the flexi then went into 2.5 to fit to a blueflame exhaust system

Status
    May also look into doing downpipes for the s3

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Looks good mate... I assume its all stainless... would also suggest a 200 cell CAT option as come MOT time etc...

Magnaflow do some nice small 200 cell cats, I got one for mine... very neat

<tuffty/>

Status
    Looks good mate... I assume its all stainless... would also suggest a 200 cell CAT option as come MOT time etc...

Magnaflow do some nice small 200 cell cats, I got one for mine... very neat

<tuffty/>
    Yeah i can do them with a sports cat not a problem and yeah its a full stainless job no rusty mild steel crap lol

1st Gear

Status
    id be interested in one for the s3

4th Gear

Status
    On the same topic, do you guys think heat wrap is needed for standard KO4 mapped, using the 3" DP etc.. or there is no need for this! and how do you rate XS power downpipe and 120 cell cat? just some info as I am not sure what to look at the moment!
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

Alex

Status
    I might be interested but the price is a bit high for me as you can get a pipe werx DP n decat for 300.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Audi Turbo View Post
    What gains would i get from a de-cat downpipe with full 2.5 system, i have my own fabrication business and i have a jig for making the downpipes etc i have about 18 of the flanges made already i've made 2 downpipes already and sold them, would anyone be interested in them and what would be best, 3inch bore then reduced down to 2.5 or just 3.0 then get a full 3 inch system am going for a 3 inch cone from the flange to the flexi then 2.5 pipe work.

Peoples views and gians from fitting?
    I was very pleased with the spool time difference when I fitted my DP and Decat to my old A3.

I got one from some company or other in Belgium, and wasn't expensive at all. Only around 150. Bargain. Good mods for the money.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    I might be interested but the price is a bit high for me as you can get a pipe werx DP n decat for 300.
    Mine would be around same m8

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3KO4 View Post
    On the same topic, do you guys think heat wrap is needed for standard KO4 mapped, using the 3" DP etc.. or there is no need for this! and how do you rate XS power downpipe and 120 cell cat? just some info as I am not sure what to look at the moment!
    I'm assuming thats the one on ebay?

I would personally go for Pipewerx. All day every day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

Status
    I would'nt get any thng off ebay cause half the time something is missing or dont fit right, like other lad said pipewerx would be better

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    On the same topic, do you guys think heat wrap is needed for standard KO4 mapped, using the 3" DP etc.. or there is no need for this!...
    Considering EGT's can rise to around 900 degrees under boost and make the manifold glow bright red then I would say yes

<tuffty/>

MOSES

Status
    I have been looking at de-cats and diffrent down pipes for my A3. If i got a de cat would that bring up a fault as well as the light on the dash?

1.8t,AUM,Ming blue,Forge TIP,Forge silicone turbo hoses,BMC CDA,Forge 007p,Neuspeed short shift gearlink,powerflow hidden cat back,miltek downpipe,R8 oil cap,HIDs,Custom Code stage 1,de badged,de wipered,FKcoilovers

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mo View Post
    I have been looking at de-cats and diffrent down pipes for my A3. If i got a de cat would that bring up a fault as well as the light on the dash?
    Depends if you have 2 Lambda sensors or not.... I can't remember if the AUM does or not.
    Homer Simpson

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    Depends if you have 2 Lambda sensors or not.... I can't remember if the AUM does or not.
    I have one and its before the cat lol but if you have 2 i think you can still get away with it as the one i made for my m8's seat ibiza has 2 sensor's one before and one after the cat and no lights have come up yet and his had it on for about 5-6 months

1st Gear

Status
    i also would be interested, but that is a little pricey for a decat, could you give me a price for one with a cat. will need the two lambda sensors also for an AUM!

cheers

6th Gear

Status
    Decatting on an AUM will bring up DTC but there are ways around it...

Get yourself one of these: http://store.blackforestindustries.com/oxsesp.html

I'm sure someone here (UK) could make one at little cost, that should stop the lights however I couldn't tell you if it will pass an emissions test when it comes to MOT's.
    Imteyaz.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by will.f_1.8t View Post
    i also would be interested, but that is a little pricey for a decat, could you give me a price for one with a cat. will need the two lambda sensors also for an AUM!

cheers
    Its a full downpipe de-cat that comes with gasket and nuts for 220 Delivered which is a good price and for a sports cat 320 Delivered

4th Gear

Status
    how do you guys rate relentless downpipes? there aren't many around but just want to get some ideas.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Got a link to the relentless downpipe?

Jay id be interested in one for the S3!
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

4th Gear

Status
    no link sorry, I read some guy fitted one late last year and he was really happy with it, but heard something like droping the sub frame to fit it ?? this could be a bit of pain.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    The Relentless down pipe for the S3 is a poor fit and need modifying

The flange is wrong and needs re drilling and the flange also needs trimming

The co sensor sits close to the manifold
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

4th Gear

Status
    you mean trimming from the thickness or the sides? is O2 sensor close enough to touch the mani that can get annoying? have you personaly fit one or had one?

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Off the Side

The Sensor is about 1mm away from the manifold

I've just fitted one for someone, the ret off the down pipe is good
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Got a link to the relentless downpipe?

Jay id be interested in one for the S3!
    I'll let you know when am on with them

Status
    Here's a old de-cat pipe of a mk3 seat ibiza cupra dont know who made it but it is pants, i took my old one off was not a bad job just a little tricky to get to bolts etc and theres no need to drop sub frame even if you have 3inch bore.

Old one off 3inch seat ibiza downpipe and it fits like a glove just a bit close to heat shield.

I think i might go 3inch with jetex middle box and back box then get remap etc?

Smell my finger.

Status
    Looking good mate

I could be tempted when some pennies are saved for a DP and sports cat for my AGU A3
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Audi Turbo View Post
    Lambda position is not so speed bump friendly is it LOL...

<tuffty/>

Status
    Lambda position is not so speed bump friendly is it LOL...

<tuffty/>
    Yeah i know lol, dont know who made it it was off my m8's seat and i made him a better one

Status
    People with 3' system's what boxes would be best as i dont want silly loud am gonna have 3' downpipe de-cat, then i was thinking of 2x jetex boxes, both of them 250mm long or just one and a middle box 625mm long.