Turbo problem please help!

legal_ice

Reaction score
Hi,

I was driving down the motorway and all of a sudden the car has just lost all it's turbo power.
It's not pulling as usual something is definetly wrong. When I put my foot down
and look at the gauge it's only goin up to bout 10psi! I've tried turning the boost
up using the adjustable controller but it does not make any difference. Also my car
has a dump valve and this is still working but now it sounds like a recirculating dump
valve rather than a normal one. Please tell me I've not blow my turbo! Also the turbo is
a t28 ball bearing type turbo.

Please help me.

Cheers guys

Firstly a little more information about what car it is, mods you have made, who did the mods etc... Its obvous that the car isn't std so a bit of background will help try and find out the problem...

Anyhoo... if you are running 10psi then you are most likely in limp mode and running off actuator pressure. You say you have an adjustable controller, what is it? Manual boost controller? Apexi? bleed valve? You also mention a dump valve rather than recirculating which is a worry as VAG engines require recirculating to work properly, a BOV is certainly not a 'normal one' as you put it on these engines.

Sounds like the ECU isn't happy with something so first port of call is to get VAGCOM or another diagnostic tool plugged in to see what fault codes have accumulated and take it from there... Limp mode could be caused by a few things but until we know the full spec of the car you have then its difficult to be of much help :)

<tuffty/>