Woooooooooooo, a very special day for my A3. Can anyone beat this?

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well chaps, a reached a very special milestone on the car today, 76000 miles of ownership, and it's finally reached the magical 200k! TO say I'm happy with it would be an understatement. To say it's currently running better than it ever has before just makes me over the moon! Even after 4 years of ownership I'm still finding silly little things I've not yet fixed, and every time I do a job it seems to get a bit better!

25691_393411846776_501476776_4308002_2841743_n.jpg

Can anyone on here beat that? I know we have loads of those 'how many miles' thread. I don't think I've seen anyone over 200k yet.

Roll on the nurburgring next weekend :) See if I can go a bit quicker than last time :p

Well done that man! mine just ticked over 1/4 of that!

Matt

These pics were taken last week, for 200k the old girl isn't looking too bad!

a3farley013.jpg

a3farley019.jpg

Will hopefully get a load of pics at the ring next weekend :)

Didn't think I'd see the day what with the little m3 excursion,well done

is that my bumper i spy? :)
always good to see that these cars can hold up so well regardless of mileage!

Jason, thank god I soon got over that little blip, I soon realised when I got back into the A3 for a day that I much prefer driving the A3 over the M3, so it had to go!

Tiz indeed your bumper Liam!

Hayes: Not ready for the bangers JUST yet, I've got an S3 to embarass next weekend ;)

wow 200k thats pretty impressive for a car that doesnt look a mile over 90k ;)

Well done mate, good to see that our cars are good for a while to come. :)

They sure are Nilz, I cover 400 miles a week for work and at least half of that is thrashing the life out of it in the wee hours of the morning, and it really never complains! I simply love this car, it's just honest, cheap, and fast.

very encouraging, mione has falf that and i am hoping to get 60K from it before I think about a rebuild on the engine and this makes me confident i should get there no probs,

The previous owner of my car didnt to the camblet and so it did 103K on the original belt and water pump.....how about that for another record?? anyone beat that too?

Congratulations to the both of you :)

That's an awesome number, makes me feel all warm inside knowing that with love and attention my baby can also live a long and productive life after the age of 100k, which is fast approaching.

awesome, good to know they age well. im on 145k

Woah! Well done matey, good to see people like you look after their cars properly! Good luck :icon_thumright:

Very encouraging indeed chaps, I can honestly say engine wise it's brilliant still, really nothing to complain about at all.

It's got a few odd rattles from the interior trim in places, but nothing worse than when I bought it at 124k.

It does get looked after, but it also gets used pretty hard too :)

nice one Nick, thats one hell of a feat...... 200k, i bet you drive it like a granny really ;)

:respekt: Just goes to show these cars are built to last if well maintained, it will take me another 10 years to hit the 200k mark, lol!

That's well cool Prawn! bet you're pleased you didn't forget when it was just going to click 200k to get your picture! 200,001 ain't as fun and it's a long time to wait for the next milestone! :D

These 1.8T engines are bulletproof, engine failures are very rare and they've been used in millions of cars like the A3, A4, A6, Octavia, Golf, Passat, Leon etc. As long as you take reasonable care of it these 1.8's will do moon miles.

when my golf went over 200k, i videod it

about to click over 220k any day soon

i wonder just how far it'll go? Part of me wants to take the Welly route and upgrade to an S3 in the next year or so, but part of me just wants to keep going with this to see just how far it can be driven before it dies!

My old man has talked of buying it from me to take to croatia for a summer car out there, so that may be the route I take.

Nice one Prawn, getting your money's worth out of that car for sure.
I can tell you have a bond with that car - would be a shame to trade up to an S3, not so bad if you can keep the A3 in the family though.

I might have to sell my MG this year. Owned it 13 years now and drove it daily for 9, had it rebuilt to my own spec (at a cost waay above what the car is worth) etc. It will be like selling a limb!

i wonder just how far it'll go? Part of me wants to take the Welly route and upgrade to an S3 in the next year or so, but part of me just wants to keep going with this to see just how far it can be driven before it dies!

My old man has talked of buying it from me to take to croatia for a summer car out there, so that may be the route I take.

Ummmmm, it's a nice upgrade dude I must admit....

I was driving the A3 whilst the S3 was off the road with all the drama, and to be fair, the S3 is altogether in a different class. For the same chassis, it feels like an infinately different car. To sit in and to drive....

I loved my A3 with all my little pixie heart, BUT, onwards and upwards.... Plus you won't miss the lack of traction - thats a thing of the past.

nice numbers..
I have a 16v scirocco @ home which shows 250,000 miles.. but not a clean nice car like yours is.. mines a "project car" - lol

ah one of those. i thought if youre car was a bit sheddy, you called it a "daily driver". my golf is a "daily driver"

haha, this is my dailly drive! I onyl got it because the Mini got too stupid to use every day. I still love it though, but the abismal traction in the wet does get annoying.

Tits or get the f**k out, the only person who is owning that car after you is me. Your dad can go jump...

Seriously though, Prawns A3 is a tighter and cleaner car on 200K than my girlfriends is on just under 100!