Hybrid: CR Turbo Vs Turbo Dynamics

Reaction score
I can get a stage 4 hybrid from TD for £995 plus vat for a brand new one or £795 plus vat from CR Turbo for a new one and £550 plus vat for an exchange. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with either of them. TD don't do exchanges anymore and that price above is with a 25% discount. Spoke to a guy from CR earlier n he said he used to work for TD and help design their turbos so they're apparently the same spec but can't see why it's soo much cheaper.

Get a CR.... there is another thread on here that has the comparisons... CR Turbos K04 hybrid is the equiv of thier stage 4 but ignore the power figures as they are unrealistic...

<tuffty/>

Get a CR.... there is another thread on here that has the comparisons... CR Turbos K04 hybrid is the equiv of thier stage 4 but ignore the power figures as they are unrealistic...

<tuffty/>

Cheers tuffty, dont suppose you know where that thread is as I did a search but all it done was find everything where someone said turbo lol.

Ah, I got the TD stage 4 jobie ( if thats the latest one they released i cant remember)
I was told to stay clear of CR turbos As somebody i knew sent a turbo to be recon'd and it came back with a cracked exhaust housing ( it was cracked when sent )
They said ... it shouldnt be a problem
As i say though... this is just what i was told not personal experience.
Good luck either way.
Also... any hybrid warentty isnt worth the paper its printed on.
They all blame mapping or fueling due to running too much boost,
Either way... most last a year then... fingers crossed.

I have the CR Hybrid here..
larger compressor wheel and larger turbine... looks like it should flow more than a K04
I have pictures I have taken which I will post up when I get a mo.. as the difference is significant.
We will see by the end of the weekend how it flows when speedy-steve's S3 is reassembled with it, and its IE rods to cope with its prospective torque delivery
Watch this space

I have the CR Hybrid here..
larger compressor wheel and larger turbine... looks like it should flow more than a K04
I have pictures I have taken which I will post up when I get a mo.. as the difference is significant.
We will see by the end of the weekend how it flows when speedy-steve's S3 is reassembled with it, and its IE rods to cope with its prospective torque delivery
Watch this space

Ooooo looking forward to hearing (well, reading) the results :icon_thumright:

Also, Bill can you get a set of skat rods for myself as I hear they are good yet affordable.

Yep i cant wait either although im not expecting to much more power. Will wait until i have a FMIC then will get it all mapped and see what we can get out of it. Im also waiting to hear something on the JBS manifold but as it is not here yet and i needed the work doing i couldnt wait.

whats the k04 turbo good for, power wise? (non hybrid)

the hybrid is built from one have of the ko4 andone half of the k03 or ko3s,or doesnt it matter?

whats the k04 turbo good for, power wise? (non hybrid)

the hybrid is built from one have of the ko4 andone half of the k03 or ko3s,or doesnt it matter?

K04 is good for 260/270 bhp...

K04 hybrid is generally upgraded using a larger comp wheel (RS6 one is common) and in some case larger turbine... this is machined into the K04 original housings

The K04 you are thinking of is the hybrid designed for cars fitted with a K03... this hybrid is essentially a K03 with a normal K04 comp wheel... its a way of getting a K04 onto an A3/Ibiza etc without having to change the mani and downpipe but you do need supporting mods such as S3/LCR injectors and 3" MAF housing etc..

<tuffty/>

I can get a stage 4 hybrid from TD for �995 plus vat for a brand new one or �795 plus vat from CR Turbo for a new one and �550 plus vat for an exchange. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with either of them. TD don't do exchanges anymore and that price above is with a 25% discount. Spoke to a guy from CR earlier n he said he used to work for TD and help design their turbos so they're apparently the same spec but can't see why it's soo much cheaper.
avoid TD waste of time use to be ok nephew ordered a hybrid stage 2 for his a4 tdi 170 . bolted it on and took it for a rr mapping session ,couldn't do a god damn thing with it . turbo only spooled above 3000rpm and spiked rapidly then just dropped off as fast .phoned them whilst at tuners, they blamed the tuner his fault etc , he never touched the map just gave it a power run first . he spoke directly with them and told them straight its youre hardware ,learn to build turbos. ATM is back with them to see what is wrong better sort it as well at a price of £1200.