question from a newbee

dodge893

Reaction score
Hi just found this site and slowly reading though all the posts.

i currently own a 2001 s3 standard engine wise,currently just running the engine in after a rebuild that was linked to a failed maf.

i have been reading about these turbo upgrades to take it to 300,but are getting mixed info as regaring what is needed for the converstion.

I am assuning downpipe,sports cat,and remap? is the k04 good for this power?.

i know handeling and braking will need to be upgraded as well.

many thanks

dodge

Welcome to the site...

300 bhp is not a figure that is truly achievable with a K04 turbo, it simply hasn't the airflow for that kinda power.. you can get close though but its a lot of work...

To get the most out a K04 type setup you will need...
K04 Hybrid
3" downpipe, 200cell cat and Milltek (or equiv) exhaust
Rods
FMIC
Panel filter (e.g. Green Cotton)
Forge 007p DV
Mapping of some description...

That lot will get you pretty close to what you want before going big turbo...

Plenty of threads discussing all of this, just need to search creatively and check out the stickies as they have most of the info you will need for suspension, brakes and most of the engine mods mentioned above..

Deep pockets also helps... welcome to the slippery slope of tuning ;P

<tuffty/>

I know there will be prices around somewhere Tuffty, but does anyone (like Bill) do this as a package?

If I mentioned I wanted the parts (fitted) above, guestimate me a price?

There goes the "I will not mod this car" . . .

I know there will be prices around somewhere Tuffty, but does anyone (like Bill) do this as a package?

If I mentioned I wanted the parts (fitted) above, guestimate me a price?

There goes the "I will not mod this car" . . .

Bill has Speedy Steves car in having most of this done at the moment so give him a call....

<tuffty/>

My K04 hybrid ( think its a stage 3 or something from turbo dynamics) cost me around £1200, Down pipe and decat was £450, IE rods £320,Panel filter and DV £65
Miltek exhaust was already on the car so atleast that was a small saving,
Mapping wise i think as the car stands it cost me around £450
Always budget for an uprated clutch and new flywheel ( slave cylinder replacement is a good idea too) around £850
Then there was fitting,
Some of which was done my me and some was done at JBS
The route people take with regards a front mount intercooler... anything from £250 all in to £800
As a one off buy i would never do it again but it has been a steady build to get where the car is now.