Dash Sticky Stain.....

Mattjbradbury

Reaction score
Hey peoples

Anyone got experience of removing sticky stains off a dash (Not as dodgy as it sounds!)? Some nice guy who owned the car before me has put a satnav or something on the softtouch top dash and now there is possibly the toughest stain i've ever come across where its been. Tried warm water and washing up liquid and couple of other things to no avail...

Thinking about Cilit bang or something - if it can clean that penny surely it can clean my dash!! But don't want to turn my dash green or anything!! Think i'll have to soak the stain but thats quite hard seems as its on my dash!

Any reccomendations would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Try Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner, then maybe go over it with some Aerospace 303 protectant.

Cheers Westle - sounds exactly what i'm after I'll try that out!

try using some insulating tape keep putting it on the sticky residue and pulling it off the adhesive sticks to the tape and lifts it off without rubbing or chemicals

The above is a good start. After that, depending on what surface this is on, try something like Auto Glym Tar and Glue remover.

I must stress, this is a harsh chemical, so be careful with it, but it is great for removing residues left by stickers on all manner of surfaces.

Always try the least aggressive route first, and up it slowly to find the right product.